eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Ianho

Hi, could someone please tell me what documents to take with to the bank for the biometric appointment? Thanks
Also unable to get the application confirmation as well

epah

Expert Member
Hi, could someone please tell me what documents to take with to the bank for the biometric appointment? Thanks
Just ID/passport. thats it

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member

If you are reapplying for something that was lost/stolen, you will need an affidavit even if you uploaded it online.

I was sent away once before for not having a physical copy of the affidavit when I applied for a replacement ID for my stolen one. I thought the affidavit I uploaded on the portal would suffice but it didn't.

Ianho

If you are reapplying for something that was lost/stolen, you will need an affidavit even if you uploaded it online.

I was sent away once before for not having a physical copy of the affidavit when I applied for a replacement ID for my stolen one. I thought the affidavit I uploaded on the portal would suffice but it didn't.
Thanks. Nothing lost or stolen luckily. Only applying for a new passport.
The email from home affairs mentions that I need to take a barcoded application confirmation letter but I am unable to generate that. Have also tried on multiple browsers

epah

Expert Member
Thanks. Nothing lost or stolen luckily. Only applying for a new passport.
The email from home affairs mentions that I need to take a barcoded application confirmation letter but I am unable to generate that. Have also tried on multiple browsers
Nope you dont need a confirmation letter. They have a list with the names and ID numbers. All you do is present your ID and they check if your name is on their list.

Ianho

Nope you dont need a confirmation letter. They have a list with the names and ID numbers. All you do is present your ID and they check if your name is on their list.
Great, thanks a lot

Biks

For those struggling with the 'Confirmation Letter' download, I managed to find this hack which worked for me, I could not find this letter or a link to it anywhere on the website.

Sad that we need to do these things:

Log on to your DHA profile and go to your 'Application Workpage'
your website path will look something like this, with a token as a 7 digit number
token=XXXXXXX

now in another window use this link, and change the token number to the one above from the Workpage link
token=XXXXXXX

I used Edge and changed the defaults to download PDFs instead of opening and displaying in the browser, the PDF file BookingConfirmation.pdf was in my Downloads folder, which I was able to open and print.

I hope this helps you!

brenden657

Good afternoon, im hoping someone can help me or give me the contact details to help, i have an open application on the old system, i phoned monday and they said they will mail passports and get it removed in 24 hours they didnt, yesterday i went and stood in the que from 7 to 16:00 before geting told i have an open application and they cant do anything to renew my passport, this morning i phoned again and was told it is an old passport that was not marked as collected 10 years ago and that the application will be removed from my name by 12, it hasnt, i urgently need to renew my passport as in 2 months im going on honeymoon and i dont know what to do as it seems no one wants to help me

Vengeful

Good afternoon, im hoping someone can help me or give me the contact details to help, i have an open application on the old system, i phoned monday and they said they will mail passports and get it removed in 24 hours they didnt, yesterday i went and stood in the que from 7 to 16:00 before geting told i have an open application and they cant do anything to renew my passport, this morning i phoned again and was told it is an old passport that was not marked as collected 10 years ago and that the application will be removed from my name by 12, it hasnt, i urgently need to renew my passport as in 2 months im going on honeymoon and i dont know what to do as it seems no one wants to help me
Pretty much my situation as well. My passport has long since expired, didn't bother as it was during lockdown. Did the same as you and phoned in and they mentioned that the culprit branch would sort it out. However, the branch is known to the be the worst in South Africa. So it stands to reason they haven't done a thing about it as of yet.

The website is consistently down as well, inspecting the code behind the scenes, it's shockingly bad.

Anyway, will keep phoning in and perhaps one day it will get sorted out.

Constar

For those struggling with the 'Confirmation Letter' download, I managed to find this hack which worked for me, I could not find this letter or a link to it anywhere on the website.

Sad that we need to do these things:

Log on to your DHA profile and go to your 'Application Workpage'
your website path will look something like this, with a token as a 7 digit number
token=XXXXXXX

now in another window use this link, and change the token number to the one above from the Workpage link
token=XXXXXXX

I used Edge and changed the defaults to download PDFs instead of opening and displaying in the browser, the PDF file BookingConfirmation.pdf was in my Downloads folder, which I was able to open and print.

I hope this helps you!
Worked for me after hours of trying to find the confirmation. Thank you :)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Now imagine what you experience, is probably the same system the persons at the home affairs offices experience....

"Eish! Our system is offline..... F5, F5, F5.... Ah ah nee, its mos offline now....

LUNCH BREAK!"