eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

CalliedJ

Dude best to go stand in a HA queue, I eventually had to do that as I needed passport urgently and could wait for any banks. If its not urgent have patience and keep trying

I'm just gonna keep on crying

Last edited:

Devin_Ashpole

My payment states "Complete Successfully" but when I want to make a booking it tells me that I haven't completed payment. Does anyone have a potential solution to this? I know the first post states using the update button but I can't find it :(

Last edited:

Devin_Ashpole

I had the same issue. I ignored it, made my booking. Seems to have worked. Strange system.
Hi Dave

Thank you for this.

I've read and heard quite a few conflicting stories as to when bookings become available such as "new slots open on Tuesday morning" etc. Do you have any information on this? I am going through Standard Bank (Killarney or Centurion).

davedavedave

I tried multiple times, my take:

Limit the manual dates to under a month e.g. 14-05-21-12-06-21 - i have a hunch that if it's longer it causes problems.

Try looking in the AM - before 9.

I tried different times of day (don't recall what day I looked). Then around 8:15 once, FNB portside had numerous slots open. So ja, who knows.

theratman

Honorary Master
Thanks to everyone for the great info in this thread. Managed to get a booking a month ago to get a new passport to renew my visa, and went to Standard bank Canal Walk this morning for the appointment.

Bit of a queue, people collecting etc, but half of the people in front of me dropped out when they were told to make an appointment. Lucky for me.

The whole process took around 45min, the actual biometrics etc took less than 5 minutes. They did mention they were fully booked for the next month.

There was only one biometrics person working, but capacity for 2, which would've made things quicker.

I'll go very early to collect when it's ready.

veggie_mane

Tip for those applying for passport: I applied on 05 May 2022. Didn't receive any sms or email. Found it strange as most people get theirs within 5-7 days. Called the DHA call centre (Actually got through to someone very helpful after only holding for 5min!!) who told me that my passport was sent to the branch on 10 May already.

Decided to go visit the branch today, and they had my passport sitting there. Still haven't received any sms or email and the system still shows "branch processing" as it has since 05 May 2022.

Bunta

Has anyone else faced this challenge?
I applied, uploaded Docs and paid for Passport Renewals for both my kids, but cannot make a booking at any of the Western Cape Banks. Only options are E.C. Gauteng and P.E.?

Attachments

• Booking Page.jpg
    Booking Page.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 27

Sepeng

Expert Member
Has anyone else faced this challenge?
I applied, uploaded Docs and paid for Passport Renewals for both my kids, but cannot make a booking at any of the Western Cape Banks. Only options are E.C. Gauteng and P.E.?
I have not seen that but just a question - is priority booking simply an online booking, or is there something special you select for priority booking (I'm looking at the line "limited branches enabled for priority booking")?

seaqn1

Has anyone solved the date range problem?
I cant select a date, been trying for a week now. Applying for a new passport

Bunta

I have not seen that but just a question - is priority booking simply an online booking, or is there something special you select for priority booking (I'm looking at the line "limited branches enabled for priority booking")?
As far as I understand, it's the booking to get biometrics done at a Bank Branch, as opposed to a Home Affairs office.

theratman

Honorary Master
Pick up at Canal Walk was a breeze, went down at 8.45, small line, was helped immediately and out by 9.15

Sepeng

Expert Member
As far as I understand, it's the booking to get biometrics done at a Bank Branch, as opposed to a Home Affairs office.
Ah OK - sorry I just completed another application and it gave the WC as an option so no idea whats happening your side.

*Edit - there is no method to that site's madness. Yesterday it was slow as heck, today lightning fast.

Adrenalin

Expert Member
This damn booking thing doesnt work. You guys have broken it for the Kingsmead one.
Who has a solution for me? I have a wedding to attend in August. :laugh:

Nickster

Can somebody help me please - I have made payment and on my side (ehome affairs) it says complete successfully. However, when I try to book a slot at my bank it says the following "Booking not allowed - Application not in a valid state for a Booking". I have also uploaded a copy of my ID.

Forza

Went for passport on Friday 27 May and received sms today Wednesday 1 June saying it's ready for collection.

Really impressive turnaround time

Tman*

Expert Member
Passport - CHECK
Unabridged Birth cert - CHECK

Having mass issues with obtaining unabridged marriage cert at home affairs (even tho I got married at home affairs)

Any tips to expedite will be appreciated

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I checked just before 6am and got a slot for the end of May at the FNB in Greenpoint.

Went in 30 minutes before my scheduled time (10:30) and the home affairs staff was "running late". According to the FNB staff, it's a common occurrence at Greenpoint. Some days they don't pitch at all.

At 13:30 they pitched up and then the system was down so they couldn't do anything anyway. Unsurprisingly no attempt was made from the home affairs staff to get us another booking or to slot us in on another day, we were told to rebook again online...so another round of battling to get an appointment on their shitty website and then a 30+ day wait for the new booking date.

Out of curiosity (more the hope of getting slotted in), I called the branch 2 consecutive days after my appointment and on both days the home affairs staff didn't turn up by 12pm and were "running late" :rolleyes:

Tip: If you know someone with a Standard Bank account, book at Canal Walk as they seem to be more efficient and have a work ethic.

gwgillham@gmail.com

Hi all,

So I had a problem where the eHomeAffairs website (https://ehome.dha.gov.za/eHomeAffairs), would not see a payment I made via Standard Bank when applying for a passport. I phoned them, phoned Standard Bank, went to branches, etc. Great pain in the ***. Then later when I got past that problem, I could not make a booking. Tried everything (phoning, emailing, etc).

But I found a solution that seems to work. Once you login, on the homepage, there is an orange "(update)" link on the right. There is no help or context on what this link really does, but I found that once I clicked that and went back to make a booking, it actually worked. Mind blown.

So I just thought I'd post about this update link here as it may prevent someone in the future from this crazy frustrating process on that horrific website.

Good luck :)
That must of been so frustrating. Having to deal with the incompetence of both Home Affairs AND Standard Bank.... Glad you survived it