eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Salee44301

Same here. And now I see that more than 60 days has passed since the application. Not sure if one has to now reapply.
You don't have to reapply, just cancel your old booking if you had one and make another. You should get a 60-day extension from the date you cancel your booking.

jun_tao

Expert Member
Just did my sons

ID doc for both parents as he is a minor
I printed the confirmation mail they used the reference number
His birth certificate
Hi there,

Did they give the DHA-73 form to fill in, or did you print one out, fill it in and took it with you?
I've made an appointment for my gf, cos she wasn't born here so we cant do it via the banks.

TIA

crawler

Expert Member
Hi there,

Did they give the DHA-73 form to fill in, or did you print one out, fill it in and took it with you?
I've made an appointment for my gf, cos she wasn't born here so we cant do it via the banks.

TIA
Did our booking online vir FNB

No forms when Getting there

All done online and paid beforehand

Vades

So I took my wife to DHA for the "appointment" today. Arrived at 7.45 and waited in one of the queues outside for the office to open, which happened at about 8.30.

At 8.30, someone came outside and told all those with appointments to follow her inside. I was then told I cannot wait with my wife and needed to stay outside. They took my wife's photo and fingerprints, then said that there was an issue on the system and that the online application had not updated on their system(???). She was told they cannot help her today, but they would call Pretoria to to try and resolve, then let us know. After (if) that happens, we need to rebook an appointment slot.

Oh well.

Forza

You and me both.
No need to print the confirmation of application.

When I went for my passport they just asked for my ID number. I didn't evens show them my ID, so not sure if this was only the specific branch where they didn't care to check.

Once I told them my ID number, they checked on their piece of paper to confirm if I made a booking for that day and told to take a seat.

Then waited until they called me to process my application. i.e take photo's and finger prints and done.

syntax

Executive Member
Even with the whole manual filling in of dates thingy?
Im trying to use the FNB bank thing and it has a date selection to look for an appointment.
Only goes 1 week ahead, zero appointments available anywhere

_kabal_

Expert Member
Im trying to use the FNB bank thing and it has a date selection to look for an appointment.
same, just paid for my passport (+ extra R400 because it expires in more than 6 months), only to be told "no timeslots available"

I did manually change the to date range to be 30 September (UI only allows 1 week selection), but still nothing.

what a ****ing joke

Sepeng

Expert Member
Yeah you ignore that date selection and manually type in a date in the same format; no guarantee of slots but it does mean your range is much wider.

*Edit - in JHB FNB Merchant Place is a right pleasure; well as pleasurable as a home affairs visit can be.

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Passport - CHECK
Unabridged Birth cert - CHECK

Having mass issues with obtaining unabridged marriage cert at home affairs (even tho I got married at home affairs)

Any tips to expedite will be appreciated
I need to get both of these done asap, I have been trying for more than a week to register on the ehomeaffairs site but it just keep throwing errors.
Do they still allow you to walk in without an appointment these days? Im in East London so no banks can help here, has to be home affairs.

At this point I think I just have to camp out from like 6am outside, but I dont want to do that and then get turned away because I dont have an appointment.

saor

Honorary Master
Same thing when I tried. Always returns zero appointments available.

Tman*

Expert Member
I need to get both of these done asap, I have been trying for more than a week to register on the ehomeaffairs site but it just keep throwing errors.
Do they still allow you to walk in without an appointment these days? Im in East London so no banks can help here, has to be home affairs.

At this point I think I just have to camp out from like 6am outside, but I dont want to do that and then get turned away because I dont have an appointment.
Im not sure if you can apply for the unabridged certs online to be honest.

I visited DOHA early morning and just waited it out.

Just a heads-up there is apparently a massive delay with unabridged marriage certificates. You wont get this any time soon even if you expedite.

charlieharper

Expert Member
Just a heads-up there is apparently a massive delay with unabridged marriage certificates. You wont get this any time soon even if you expedite.
I remember in the past on Expat Facebook groups, there were always agencies (perhaps with a connection at DHA $$$) who could fast track these documents for you and ship it anywhere in the world.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Does anyone know if you can use a third-party's bank account details to pay if you register for eHomeAffairs?