eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Kayiemfokazi

I can't get the dam form to load to do the application. Have tried all of edge,chrome and firefox. Even installed the abomination that is flash, still not loading .

Any help would be appreciated
I just waited for it to load. About 3 minutes later it did

shadow_man

Executive Member
Anyone know when it's supposed to re-open for bookings? I paid for a passport application that I now can't schedule... and I've got 120 days to do so, or forfeit your R450 paid...

The services of eHomeAffairs site are currently disabled in line with the COVID19 regulations, the service will resume at a future date.​

T_d_T_M

To necro this thread, I have been trying to sort this out, but to no avail.

Repeatedly get the error message.

Has anyone had any luck?

Milano

Honorary Master
It appears to work on something like a slot machine principle. Not everyone can be a winner everyday. Just keep at it, adjust the time of day when you try, then adjust the days of the week that you try. Read this thread again beginning to end to ensure you are avoiding any known quirks. Different components malfunction at different times. It does work though. Not always but often.

TCane

I managed to complete the process and get a booking (performed 11/03/2021) by installing the Ruffle flash emulator, on firefox. This allowed me to actually access and edit the application form under Step 2 of the process and then do the submission, payment and booking for Durban Standard Bank. Lets see if it works when I get to Standard Bank in a few weeks...

Download and install the browser extension. Remember, you have to reactivate every time you open firefox.

T_d_T_M

Update on my situation:

It turns out that they didn't register me picking up my passport 10 years ago and that the reason the forms would not load is that I had an existing application open.

I went to home affairs at 5AM, saw the line and donated to secure my spot as second in line.

Home affairs had to call the office I was at 10 years ago, cancel my application and sent me back home to resubmit the form.

I then had to proceed back into the home affairs branch to undertake biometrics and photo.

maumau

Honorary Master
Update on my situation:

It turns out that they didn't register me picking up my passport 10 years ago and that the reason the forms would not load is that I had an existing application open.

I went to home affairs at 5AM, saw the line and donated to secure my spot as second in line.

Home affairs had to call the office I was at 10 years ago, cancel my application and sent me back home to resubmit the form.

I then had to proceed back into the home affairs branch to undertake biometrics and photo.

I would do the same :thumbsup:

Were you offered or did you approach someone?

8BitLife

Has anyone managed to make a booking with FNB? I managed to complete the application and make the payment but as soon as I need to make a booking I am stuck on 'No slots available.' I have tried all 3 FNB Gauteng branches and no slots available for next 2 weeks. Will also not allow me to search past 30 March which is of course 2 weeks from now.

Have to do this within 60 days or I lose my application, and R400 I assume.

maumau

Honorary Master
I was offered, but I went there in nice looking work clothes so they probably assumed I had money.

So that's the secret.

I usually go dressed like a tramp to avoid being mugged :laugh:

T_d_T_M

Further update - my passport is ready for collection. 1 week and 1 day after I had applied :eek:

it678

I've been trying to submit a passport application for the last two weeks with no success. The forms load successfuly and when I click submit the loading wheel appears and then disappears after a few seconds and then nothing happens. When inspecting the requests I can see there is a 504 error on the submit application call.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.38.47.png

I used this online service successfully in 2019 to get a new ID. When looking at the state of that application it is still marked as "Processing" yet states that the document was collected. For those of you who have collected a document successfully what is the status of those applications? Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.43.19.png

yeldoom

Has anyone managed to make a booking with FNB? I managed to complete the application and make the payment but as soon as I need to make a booking I am stuck on 'No slots available.' I have tried all 3 FNB Gauteng branches and no slots available for next 2 weeks. Will also not allow me to search past 30 March which is of course 2 weeks from now.

Have to do this within 60 days or I lose my application, and R400 I assume.
Having the same problem, interested to know if you eventually got it booked?