eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Ecko_1

Edit: FNB Cornubia still closed after the riot stuff last week... hope they open by the 4th.
Some ID arrived at the branch the Thursday before the unrest. However the HA scanner wasn't working and they were expecting a new scanner on the Monday. The boom, looting. I'm hoping that my ID was in the batch delivered. Just (im)patiently waiting on them to open again. As of yesterday they had not received clearance from the landlord for the mall to open yet.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Some ID arrived at the branch the Thursday before the unrest. However the HA scanner wasn't working and they were expecting a new scanner on the Monday. The boom, looting. I'm hoping that my ID was in the batch delivered. Just (im)patiently waiting on them to open again. As of yesterday they had not received clearance from the landlord for the mall to open yet.

yes, it's incredibly frustrating.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Anyone know if banks still do passports under Level 4 lockdown? I've got an appointment for 4 August.

I know Home Affairs only process passports under certain circumstances now, eg if you have work permit, etc.
What? Where did you hear that?

We applied as a family for new passports and it was done in less than 5 days.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
What? Where did you hear that?

We applied as a family for new passports and it was done in less than 5 days.
According to their website...

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 12.06.42.png

It's a bloody disaster...

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
This is what happens when you vote ANC.

An absolute shitshow almost borderline on purpose.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
According to their website...

View attachment 1112914

It's a bloody disaster...
We applied 17 June 2021 and were informed 24 June 2021 that we can collect...

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Looks like Cornubia opened again.. Let's hope they process passports under Level 3.

Ice2Cool

Expert Member
Does anyone else have a problem where the call just cuts shortly after dialing 0800 601 190?

Ice2Cool

Expert Member
With all those getting the error saying "There is a similar application open and in progress with Home Affairs on the old system" - I called the call center and spoke to someone at the passports section. I described the problem and told him that my previous passport probably wasnt marked as collected. He then told me I need to go into the Umgeni Road home affairs and ask them to sort it out. Did any of you have luck with getting them to sort it out over the phone?

Groggyme

With all those getting the error saying "There is a similar application open and in progress with Home Affairs on the old system" - I called the call center and spoke to someone at the passports section. I described the problem and told him that my previous passport probably wasnt marked as collected. He then told me I need to go into the Umgeni Road home affairs and ask them to sort it out. Did any of you have luck with getting them to sort it out over the phone?
I got through a few weeks ago to a guy who said he would send an email to the passports section. Still waiting for that to be done. In the meantime I am trying to call again but I keep getting dropped. Been like this for a few weeks.

I am just going to stand in line at HA to get it fixed.

ChuckNorris

I got through a few weeks ago to a guy who said he would send an email to the passports section. Still waiting for that to be done. In the meantime I am trying to call again but I keep getting dropped. Been like this for a few weeks.

Had the same, they said they are sending an email to the department to update. But still waiting for that email.

I went to Home Affairs, they guy at the entrance that does the greeting updated for me in 2 sec.

bradza

Hi all, trying to figure out whats happening here and if I should be concerned. Tried to do a new application for passport, it just twirls and then there's no PDF appearing to edit. Just the buttons at the top. I then click cancel and it hangs with the Please Wait twirl. Come back into the site, it's sitting there saying application unknown but can click on it and the cycle continues. I've tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Brave. Nothing. Do I need to call then to cancel the application or is there a technical problem and try again later? I don't have Explorer anymore as Microsoft kindly removed that already. Thanks for any feedback.

Ice2Cool

Expert Member

Update - i took a shot and went to home affairs. Massively long queue - skipped it and went to the front and told them I needed to talk to the supervisor. Waited an hour for the supervisor, she took my ID and cleared the error on the system. She also mentioned passport applications are closed. So they arent processing passports? Does anyone know if this is true?

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Rescheduled my FNB appoint by by another 2 weeks... hoping they drop to Level 2 at some point.
I got confirmation from someone who works for DHA that they still don't process passports under Level 3.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Hi all, trying to figure out whats happening here and if I should be concerned. Tried to do a new application for passport, it just twirls and then there's no PDF appearing to edit. Just the buttons at the top. I then click cancel and it hangs with the Please Wait twirl. Come back into the site, it's sitting there saying application unknown but can click on it and the cycle continues. I've tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Brave. Nothing. Do I need to call then to cancel the application or is there a technical problem and try again later? I don't have Explorer anymore as Microsoft kindly removed that already. Thanks for any feedback.
Strangely for me it worked fine for me on Safari but not Chrome or Firefox.

Reactions: "D"