eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
I received an SMS today saying "Confirmation of Home Affairs Profile Activation". Does this mean my ID is ready?

The hotline will never answer so thought I'd ask here.

Superman-7

Feeling incredibly fortunate that my wife and I went to visit family in the US two years ago and renewed our passport back then.

Slightly unrelated, a few months back, while applying for unabridged certificates, we were told my original birth certificate could not be found and that it 'did not exist on the system'. Thankfully we had employed an agency who knew who to contact to get it sorted. Dealing with that ourselves would have been a nightmare.

Strongs to everyone trying to renew passports etc. I imagine there's an influx of requests and applications.

Good luck :thumbsup:

R13...

Honorary Master
I received an SMS today saying "Confirmation of Home Affairs Profile Activation". Does this mean my ID is ready?

I'm sure you get an unambiguous SMS saying your ID is ready for collection not what you got.

I have that damned "processing" error and can't apply for anything. Went to HA and they couldn't resolve it. Stinks.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
I have that damned "processing" error and can't apply for anything. Went to HA and they couldn't resolve it. Stinks.

It's a pity they don't have a working hotline. There is literally no way of communicating with them.

SykomantiS

Expert Member

It simply means that you have created a profile on E Home Affairs - basically it means you have registered (much like you have registered on this forum). You still need to apply for whatever it is you need (ID card / Passport)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I went to the bank to do my ID about 3-4 weeks ago but I assume there may now be delays due to the unrest in KZN.
And you only received that sms recently? today/yesterday? Must be a delayed message then, because you can't make an application on eHA without a profile.

But like @R13... mentioned, if your card is ready, the sms will explicitly state "ready for collection"

Ecko_1

Received sms for collection on Monday. Went to Corbubia yesterday. Waited about hour in line to collect,.mostly due to the current back log because of the scanner issue they just got fixed.

Pavan

Expert Member
Trying to renew my child's passport... getting the dreaded "a similar application exists in the old system" error. Tried the 0800 call centre number, the error I get there is "the network is currently congested" :( Tried the pretoria 012 number too, no luck. I guess my only option is to visit home affairs?

Groggyme

Trying to renew my child's passport... getting the dreaded "a similar application exists in the old system" error. Tried the 0800 call centre number, the error I get there is "the network is currently congested" :( Tried the pretoria 012 number too, no luck. I guess my only option is to visit home affairs?
Yeah.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Got my appointment tomorrow. Anyone know if there's any docs I should take other than:
Id + copy
Old passport
Appointment barcode printed
Anything else?

R13...

Honorary Master
Why the hell would home affairs disallow online applications at bank branches because of L3 restrictions? Stupid.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Why the hell would home affairs disallow online applications at bank branches because of L3 restrictions? Stupid.
When did that happen?
Home affairs website shows they are open under level 3 ?

R13...

Honorary Master
When did that happen?
Home affairs website shows they are open under level 3 ?
Open but only limited service. ID only for first timers, passport only if you have an urgent need to travel. Etc.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Open but only limited service. ID only for first timers, passport only if you have an urgent need to travel. Etc.
Home affairs only updated their gazette about a week ago though, so maybe it's different now? When did it happen to you?

R13...

Honorary Master
Home affairs only updated their gazette about a week ago though, so maybe it's different now? When did it happen to you?
More than a week ago.
I need to replace my ID and a manager a branch told me they don't do it but I may have looked at L4 services.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Ah so no restrictions on passports? Going to renew mine tomorrow then. Hopefully the damned processing thing has cleared cause I'm not going to home affairs.
Well I hope so. Lol.

Gonna be driving 80km tomorrow to get to the FNB branch where my appointment is at.