eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Skankhunt

Expert Member
I got a confirmation message from the local queueing lady on 7 August they are doing passports (like regular applications).... so I'd assume it applies for everywhere, including banks.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Went this morning. All good.
Arrived a bit early and was told they can only take me at 11am... so went to have a coffee and arrived back at 11. They let me in, sat for 10 minutes while a family of 4 in front of me to do theirs. I was next, literally 3 minutes fingers, photo, done.

Last edited:

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Spent just about my entire day yesterday trying to get a booking at a bank for the biometrics. Standing in the survival of the fittest queue at home affairs right now. :)

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Got my SMS this about 10 minutes that passport is ready to be collected. Will go pick it up on Monday or Tuesday.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Finally got a gap this morning to go fetch my passport. 3 minutes in and out.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Spent just about my entire day yesterday trying to get a booking at a bank for the biometrics. Standing in the survival of the fittest queue at home affairs right now. :)
Took a week to get my new passport. Only difference between home affairs and a bank branch is the time queueing. And total lack of social distancing while doing it but overall not a bad experience.

Side note: You can have two passports at the same time if you pay the R400 penalty fee.

Archie1

So my passport is ready for pickup at FNB Cornubia. Any idea what times we can go in to pick it up? They don't seem to have a contact number :unsure:

Dslartibarfast

So tried to apply online and get the error "you already have a similar application open and in progress with home affairs on the old system.". Has anyone had much success in sorting this out recently without going into Home Affairs?

Additionally, I can apply for my smart ID but FNB Cornubia has no appointment dates? Does one just rock up there?

Groggyme

So tried to apply online and get the error "you already have a similar application open and in progress with home affairs on the old system.". Has anyone had much success in sorting this out recently without going into Home Affairs?

Additionally, I can apply for my smart ID but FNB Cornubia has no appointment dates? Does one just rock up there?
This is the same rubbish I see all the time. The best bet is to go to a HA and get them to clear that error by marking your old passport/ID as picked up. While you are at that HA you may as well apply for your new passport/ID...

You can call the call centre but I had no luck and the people there just send internal emails which never resolve the issue.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
So my passport is ready for pickup at FNB Cornubia. Any idea what times we can go in to pick it up? They don't seem to have a contact number :unsure:
I just went ± the time of my original appointment... They ask if you have appointment or collecting. Pretty straight forward. I was in and out in 3 mins.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
I just went ± the time of my original appointment... They ask if you have appointment or collecting. Pretty straight forward. I was in and out in 3 mins.
For comparison to HA collection. Arrived at 6:30, was eighth in the queue (physically second but the guys that run the lot sell spaces to people that arrive later), office opened at 8:30 and I was out at 9:30.

bevallen

What? Where did you hear that?

We applied as a family for new passports and it was done in less than 5 days.
Hi, I don't know how to solve the payment issue. I have tried adding ABSA and Nedbank as a payment for the passport. The ehomeaffairs states the payment is successfully sent but after 4 days on both banks (Different tries) nothing shows up on either bank government payments sections.
Is there something I am missing on the SARS efiling site that is stopping the payment from being pushed to my bank? I'm getting so frustrated.
Called ABSA, and they have no clue what I'm talking about... can anyone point me to the area where I'm going wrong on SARS, I've no idea why it's not showing up, ... Nedbank is the bank I use for paying government payments. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Hi, I don't know how to solve the payment issue. I have tried adding ABSA and Nedbank as a payment for the passport. The ehomeaffairs states the payment is successfully sent but after 4 days on both banks (Different tries) nothing shows up on either bank government payments sections.
Is there something I am missing on the SARS efiling site that is stopping the payment from being pushed to my bank? I'm getting so frustrated.
Called ABSA, and they have no clue what I'm talking about... can anyone point me to the area where I'm going wrong on SARS, I've no idea why it's not showing up, ... Nedbank is the bank I use for paying government payments. Any help would be appreciated very much.
I don’t bank with Nedbank but with FNB you have to log into internet banking(couldn’t find anything on the app) then looked through the payments/bills section and found a payment instruction somewhere in there that had to be approved.
That’s vague but I also struggled along. Key was logging into internet banking.

mk1

Expert Member
I tried my luck to renew a minor's passport via the EHome website and after some struggling I was able to complete the whole process.

Some tips.

1) Payment via FNB. Log into FNB banking website and look under Payments and then eFiling + Smart IDs.
2) When you are on the booking page and unable to get an available slot for the whole month just enter a future date manually in the "date range" fields to see future slots.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
I tried my luck to renew a minor's passport via the EHome website and after some struggling I was able to complete the whole process.

Some tips.

1) Payment via FNB. Log into FNB banking website and look under Payments and then eFiling + Smart IDs.
2) When you are on the booking page and unable to get an available slot for the whole month just enter a future date manually in the "date range" fields to see future slots.
I didn't know this was possible. Couldn't find any open slots before, so this is really helpful, thanks!

Voodoo

Some tips.

I had a booking at Cornubia FNB in Dbn, all was fine and then the looting arrived. :eek:

I have been trying since then to make another booking but there are no slots available. Tried the "future date" and it worked fine with any other branch except Cornubia FNB.

Any other ideas? :confused:

Archie1

I had a booking at Cornubia FNB in Dbn, all was fine and then the looting arrived. :eek:

I have been trying since then to make another booking but there are no slots available. Tried the "future date" and it worked fine with any other branch except Cornubia FNB.

Any other ideas? :confused:
Not sure. Future date worked just fine for me but this was a first booking. Can't you reschedule your current appointment?

I do remember that when I went there, some guy mentioned that we are lucky we didn't get redirected to the umgeni branch.

Groggyme

So two months of queueing and call centres and still no luck. I still get this error.

1624968851155.jpeg

I went to HA in PE and stood in line for two days for them to say that they will send an email to Pretoria to clear this message. I will then be apply to apply online.

Any tips from you guys will help!