eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Greglsh

Please can someone help, I am trying to do a booking for FNB Cornubia for my family. I have tried to select the dates using their calendar, I have tried to manually type in a future date right up to the end of November 2021, even tried December. It keeps saying no time slots. Mt wife did this on her own profile on e-home affairs and hers does the exact same thing. If I have to go to one of the offices which is the "best" option? Have heard to try Park Rynie near Scottburgh.

R13...

Honorary Master
Please can someone help, I am trying to do a booking for FNB Cornubia for my family. I have tried to select the dates using their calendar, I have tried to manually type in a future date right up to the end of November 2021, even tried December. It keeps saying no time slots. Mt wife did this on her own profile on e-home affairs and hers does the exact same thing. If I have to go to one of the offices which is the "best" option? Have heard to try Park Rynie near Scottburgh.
You could phone the bank branch and see if they won't help. That's how I got a slot a branch I preferred. They have a bank person sitting in the HA section who helped me get a booking.

Ecko_1

Just pitch up. I did that and they saw me immediately

• Love
Reactions: "D"

epah

Expert Member
I had the same problem for 3 months trying to book for my ID.

They open new slots everyday so what you need to do is search for a slot at 00:01 before everyone wakes up, if you do it during the day all the slots will be taken already.

R13...

Honorary Master
Just pitch up. I did that and they saw me immediately
I did mine last week and they had a list of bookings, so pitching up wouldn't have worked as the gatekeepers at reception would turn you back. But it's worth a try.

epah

Expert Member
I did mine last week and they had a list of bookings, so pitching up wouldn't have worked as the gatekeepers at reception would turn you back. But it's worth a try.
Yap, was at the glen last week and they had a list of ID numbers that booked, if your ID no was not on the list they turned you around.

Greglsh

I have tried to make booking at 6am in the morning and still no joy, will have to try this midnight thing.

Greglsh

If I try selecting Gauteng or Western Cape I can see the "future booking slots" so I am suspecting there might be a problem with FNB Cornubia?? Has anyone been able to make a booking recently at FNB Cornubia.

Voodoo

If I try selecting Gauteng or Western Cape I can see the "future booking slots" so I am suspecting there might be a problem with FNB Cornubia?? Has anyone been able to make a booking recently at FNB Cornubia.
Cornubia is broken. I have been trying since beginning of August, 0:01 in the mornings and no joy. All other branches work.

Ecko_1

When i did mine in June they were still in post implementation review phase. I by chance walked into the branch after waiting at home affairs that morning. The HA project manager said that the booking system was not working at that point. Maybe it still broken.

Getit

Definitely still broken for Conrubia. I also booked in July and then chaos reined. Resorted to standing in queue for 4 hours in Eshowe to get it done. Tried all the tricks for the dates to magically appear, but alas!

R13...

Honorary Master
Definitely still broken for Conrubia. I also booked in July and then chaos reined. Resorted to standing in queue for 4 hours in Eshowe to get it done. Tried all the tricks for the dates to magically appear, but alas!
Why didn't you try another branch? I'd drive 100km to a bank branch than go to a HA office. The experience is just too soul destroying and probably shaves a day off your life force every hour you are there.
/shudders.

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

Ecko_1

Why didn't you try another branch? I'd drive 100km to a bank branch than go to a HA office. The experience is just too soul destroying and probably shaves a day off your life force every hour you are there.
/shudders.
Only 2 bank branches in KZN have HA capability. Standard Bank Kingsmead and FNB Cornubia. The ABSA in Pinetown is also supposed to be up and running but i'm not certain.

On the particular day I went I had given up on making a booking and went to Prospecton HA. After waiting 4 hours and being turned away at HA i decided to try my luck at FNB Cornubia since I took the day off to sort out my ID. I was lucky they saw to me.

Nimz

Executive Member
Also having the same issue for Cornubia, the Standard Bank branch does not even show up when selecting KZN

JunaidKathrada

Standard Bank Kingsmead shows up under Durban and not KZN.
I have not confirmed my payment online and when I check for bookings at both FNB Cornubia and Standard Bank Kingsmead, I cannot find anything. If I do confirm my booking, will I then perhaps see available slots when I search?

Nimz

Executive Member
So I was in the area and stopped by the Cornubia branch to see if they could assist me or let me know if there's a problem with booking at that branch.

The guy dealing with HA advised that everything is working but they are fully booked for Oct & Nov :confused: (don't know how when the system only allows you to book 2 weeks in advance)

So what are our options for those that have already paid? Can we just go to any HA branch and complete it there?

Tman543

I just did an application yesterday for FNB portside (CPT). Was indicating no time slots for all dates available and even when manually changed two months ahead.

So I phoned the branch today, explained the issue and got a booking in mid Nov. Website is broken I suppose.

Another thing is I tried the Limpopo branch which showed that it had slots available. So I assume the no time slots are only for branches that are fully booked for the available dates.

Kinda sucks if your bank is fully booked, you can't changed it to another bank in the same town. Quite silly that you have to go to your selected bank which might only have one branch

Groggyme

Nine easy steps to get your passport if you have the error saying "You have existing passport application open on the old system"

Time taken: 4 Months and counting...

1) Go to the HA branch and stand in one of 500 lines in the sun for the whole day from 7:30 to 15:00 then get told to come back the next day. Get told you will have priority the next day. Come back next day and act surprised because you do actually get priority. Get pushed into one of 500 lines outside the branch. Wait from 8:00 till 12:00 in line in the sun. Act surprised again as your line is prioritised. Once inside the building get a ticket. Get told to wait again. Get told that the branch can't help you. Then get told that they have to send an email to Pretoria to the passports department to clear the error as they cannot do it at the branch. Promise they will call you. Never get called.

2) Go home and email the CSC or HA Info email address from your gmail address. Do this for everyday for two weeks and get no response for two weeks.

3) Concurrently while emailing CSC and HA Info, call the CSC and spend 45min to 1 hour on hold then get your line dropped. When you do get through get told that this issue has to go to Pretoria to get sorted as they can't do it from there.

4) Go onto LinkedIn and find a director or deputy director of HA for the province you are in. Then using the FirstName.LastName at dha.gov.za email format, email every one you can find from your gmail address.

5) Realise that after two weeks of emailing the same people everyday that gmail does not seem to work with DHA. Send an email from a random .co.za account or your work account. Get a response from one of the directors 5mins later saying that the error has been cleared and to apply again online.

6) Spend 15mins from filling in the forms online, paying and confirming the appointment for two days away at a bank branch.

7) Go to the bank two days later and spend less than 5 mins (from entering the parking lot to leaving the parking lot) getting a photo taken, confirming fingerprints and signing.

8) Get told that it will take about 7 to 14 days to arrive back at the bank. (Process pending).

9) Go to bank and collect said passport (Process pending).

Nine easy steps....

EDIT: Realise that you tried all the solutions in this thread before going to HA and you need to add one more step to the process.....

Last edited:

Raffles

I've been trying to renew my daughter's passport from abroad since the beginning of 2019 when she was 15 years old. It expired in June of 2019. They took so long, about 8 months without any news from them that she eventually turned 16. When the embassy did eventually get hold of DHA they said we need to redo the application because now she needed fingerprints. We re-submitted the application in November of 2019 and the DHA went completely silent despite repeated attempts by the embassy to contact them. I even got a trip to SA earlier this year and went into their office in Centurion. They looked on the computer and said they could not see any application, and gave me an email address. I came back to where I live in West Africa and passed the email address to the embassy. The embassy eventually got hold of the DHA and they said that now she has to apply for an ID card first. She has just turned 18, so at least she doesn't need my and her mother's signatures. Lucky she has dual nationality (since birth) as she has moved to Canada for university, but it is on her other passport. Her USA visa is in the SA passport however, so she can't go to the USA unless she gets a new passport, or applies for a new USA visa with her other passport. She can't come to SA with her other passport so she can't visit her grandfather and he is very old. I don't think there is any other country that has as much apathy and incompetence as SA wrt issuing passports.

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
I applied for a passport and ID renewal a couple weeks back, I received my SMS for my passport and went and collected it about a week later, but I haven't heard anything about my ID (for about 3/4 weeks) and the bank branch is closing tomorrow until end of November.
Does anyone know how long an ID takes to process?