Elderly woman assaulted in farm attack

Kidkaroo

Well, according to Lulu Xingwana, it's the young Afrikaner Calvinists who are largely to blame for this country's crime problem.

Seriously

Honorary Master
http://www.saps.gov.za/statistics/reports/crimestats/2012/categories.htm

Compare those stats to the number of incidents you see in the papers.
Majority of home invasions in this country go the same way, murder/serious assault is the exception not the norm though the chances of things getting ugly are a lot higher.
From below I can see 324322 violent crime incidents that includes 15609 murders. 234650 cases of common crime
So there are a ratio of 1.382 violent crimes to common crime and assault in the 2011/2012 year period.

Also consider that the savages attack suddenly groups of people having a private braai in their premisses shooting from the word go with no reason to do so.

I see your point. All is well in Fudzy's Fantasia land

2011/2012 stats
192 651 Assault with the intent to inflict grievous bodily harm
15 609 Murder
14 859 Attempted murder
181 670 Common assault
52 980 Common robbery
101 203 Robbery with aggravating circumstances
9 475 Carjacking (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
821 Truck hijacking (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
16 766 Robbery at residential premises (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
15 951 Robbery at non-residential premises (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
182 Robbery of cash in transit (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
35 Bank robbery (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
57 973 Street robbery (subcategory of aggravated robbery)

Last edited:
F

Fudzy

From below I can see 324322 violent crime incidents that includes 15609 murders. 234650 cases of common crime
So there are a ratio of 1.382 violent crimes to common crime and assault in the 2011/2012 year period.

I see your point. All is well in Fudzy's Fantasia land

2011/2012 stats
192 651 Assault with the intent to inflict grievous bodily harm
15 609 Murder
14 859 Attempted murder
181 670 Common assault
52 980 Common robbery
101 203 Robbery with aggravating circumstances
9 475 Carjacking (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
821 Truck hijacking (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
16 766 Robbery at residential premises (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
15 951 Robbery at non-residential premises (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
182 Robbery of cash in transit (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
35 Bank robbery (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
57 973 Street robbery (subcategory of aggravated robbery)
Not sure what point you were trying to make, I certainly hope it didn't take you the full hour since my last post.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Majority of home invasions in this country go the same way, murder/serious assault is the exception not the norm though the chances of things getting ugly are a lot higher.
WHAT?! Sorry mate....don't buy it. Murder is not always on the cards, sure, but assault? VERY common.

I was assaulted in a home invasion and the last thing on the cops' minds was to record it. I could barely get the sleeping beauty at my local cop shop to remove his finger from his snout to take a statement and I was covered in blood to boot.

F

Fudzy

WHAT?! Sorry mate....don't buy it. Murder is not always on the cards, sure, but assault? VERY common.

I was assaulted in a home invasion and the last thing on the cops' minds was to record it. I could barely get the sleeping beauty at my local cop shop to remove his finger from his snout to take a statement and I was covered in blood to boot.
I know people who have been hurt in robberies but most of them have not. I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen and it certainly more likely to happen in here than in the UK but as long as you keep your cool and don't go John Rambo the majority of times people come out unscathed, shaken up but physically okay.

Seriously

Honorary Master
I know people who have been hurt in robberies but most of them have not. I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen and it certainly more likely to happen in here than in the UK but as long as you keep your cool and don't go John Rambo the majority of times people come out unscathed, shaken up but physically okay.
According to the same stats in the link you posted you are lying through your teeth. Maybe that was your personal experience but the national statistics tell a vastly different story. Try again.

F

Fudzy

According to the same stats in the link you posted you are lying through your teeth. Maybe that was your personal experience but the national statistics tell a vastly different story. Try again.
Robbery with aggravating circumstances doesn't always mean somebody was beaten/shot/burnt.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Yeah well in my case I certainly didn't go John Rambo. Out of the blue I received a barrage of pistol whips to the back of the dome from one of the affirmative shoppers to let me know that my assistance was required in gaining access to the premises. They're an astonishingly brave and brazen bunch when they have guns pointed at you. Never once did I argue or even look one of them in the eye. Again, that gun-in-your-face trick tends to set the tone.

I'm still not sure whether it was to let me know they meant business or to leave me in a bloodied mess. Either way, I stayed on my feet and that was when the real fun started.

If you happen to be in an isolated area where your neighbours can't hear you and help is out of the way - you've got no chance. I firmly believe that's the sole reason I'm alive.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Robbery with aggravating circumstances doesn't always mean somebody was beaten/shot/burnt.
That I know very well but it is not common assault either and the description refers that there was a very high possibility. Obviously not in your mind so I hope you and your relatives, family and friends only experience the good guys and not the aggravated guys. Life is a bastid when you live with false perceptions, just remember it.

F

Fudzy

That I know very well but it is not common assault either and the description refers that there was a very high possibility. Obviously not in your mind so I hope you and your relatives, family and friends only experience the good guys and not the aggravated guys. Life is a bastid when you live with false perceptions, just remember it.
Dude, I live in the upper highway area in KZN. We are well aware of criminals that murder their victims, it's just not as common place as those who don't. My uncle was beaten with sticks when they broke into his house. A colleague was tied up and put in the bathroom while they robbed his place. I'm thankful that I haven't lost anybody close to violent crime. Cancer is more of a concern from a mortality point of view if I had to tally up the number of people I knew and loved that have died.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Dude, I live in the upper highway area in KZN. We are well aware of criminals that murder their victims, it's just not as common place as those who don't. My uncle was beaten with sticks when they broke into his house. A colleague was tied up and put in the bathroom while they robbed his place. I'm thankful that I haven't lost anybody close to violent crime. Cancer is more of a concern from a mortality point of view if I had to tally up the number of people I knew and loved that have died.
i am not looking at your situation. I am luckiest as there were very little but only minor incidences (touch wood) in my closed circles. But again dude the national stats (If you really can believe that sheet) tells a completely different story. Not all are so lucky. Unfortunately the government do not record statistics by race (for specific reasons) unless it suits their agenda as I would like to see real statistics based on race.

F

Fudzy

i am not looking at your situation. I am luckiest as there were very little but only minor incidences (touch wood) in my closed circles. But again dude the national stats (If you really can believe that sheet) tells a completely different story. Not all are so lucky. Unfortunately the government do not record statistics by race (for specific reasons) unless it suits their agenda as I would like to see real statistics based on race.
Well that's the problem with the stats really, going past race if you are going to note robbery with aggrevated circumstances there should be some indication of how many were violent.

marine1

Honorary Master
Rubbish almost all farm attacks include brutality, rape, torture, murder

F

Fudzy

Rubbish almost all farm attacks include brutality, rape, torture, murder
Most of them just include murder or assault with GBH actually if you actually looked at the stats. And is a farm attack the same as a home invasion? I think of suburbs and built up areas when I think of home invasions.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
These criminals are just a bunch of sick bastards...nothing can justify criminal acts like this

noxibox

Honorary Master
There's no point arguing with those who are convinced whites are being specifically targeted. It's their religion and they're not going to change their beliefs.

Flanders

Honorary Master
There's no point arguing with those who are convinced whites are being specifically targeted. It's their religion and they're not going to change their beliefs.
Where did anyone say that in this entire thread?

Seriously

Honorary Master
Another with an atypical idiotic comment.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Well that's the problem with the stats really, going past race if you are going to note robbery with aggrevated circumstances there should be some indication of how many were violent.
Another stupid atypical idiotic comment.