Election boycotters torch North West school for being voting station

schumi

Honorary Master
Mahikeng - A school was set alight in Kraaipan outside Mahikeng in the North West, allegedly by a group of people intending to boycott the general election on Wednesday.

Tlhakajeng Primary School was allegedly torched at the weekend by a group of people who were intending to boycott elections due to service delivery related problems. The school was one of the voting stations where people in the area were expected to cast their votes.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...west-school-for-being-voting-station-22712264

schumi

Honorary Master
Six arrested in the North West for torching electoral officer's car as special votes are disrupted

.Police in the North West have arrested six people for allegedly torching an electoral officer's vehicle in Ganyesa on Monday - the day that special votes opened.

"The incident has something to do with disruptions of voting processes and as a result, the vehicle ended up being torched," provincial police spokesperson Brigadier Sabataa Mokgwabone said.
More at : https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...s-car-as-special-votes-are-disrupted-20190507

saffakanera

Expert Member
If I could leave this place, and never see, hear from, or read about, another colonially disadvantaged person for the rest of my days, I would die happy.

I do not, for the love of God and all that is good in this world, understand why we are still on this God forsaken and genuinely evil continent.

flippakitten

Expert Member
At this point, the only justice attainable, is if you, a tax payer, take your money, and leave this God forsaken place forever.
I was actually wondering if I would still come to myBB from the otherside, or if I'll get caught up in first world issues, like complaining about a giant floating duck paid for with tax payers money, which to me seems like a much more worth while investment instead of, say bailing our any of SA's SOE's for the hundredth time.

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
Utterly retarded. They will just hold the voting outside the school then. So the boycotters torched a school for no reason...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
So because they want to boycott nobody gets to vote and kids can't go to school on Thursday?

Yep, the scanners are not picking up any intelligent life.

R13...

Honorary Master
Some people can't leave. Money and age being major factors. Don't be so quick to judge someone a useless loser.
Maybe not loser but he does have issues. Of the mental sort. He could always try to asylum route if he really must.

Hemps

Executive Member
I'm curious and too busy to google, do they burn schools down elsewhere on this continent or is this a SA thing?

Cube3

Expert Member
Don't build another school, the kids can then end up stupid and poor like their parents.

Sollie

Expert Member
You don't know the persons circumstances.

Europe seems to have taken in a lot of uneducated migrants so I don't think your statement is that accurate.
They since realized they have to rebuild them, more a local thing for people to want to have people stay stupid. Even our neighbours are asking what is wrong with South Africa.