Election-day problems blamed on IEC system outage

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Just a taste of what to expect in the next general election. What's a bet everything was fine in traditional cANCer strongholds. These clowns know they are going to a beating so the only way is to cheat.

My ward voted 90%+ DA in 2016 and we had no issues today.

John Tempus

Executive Member
This is a much easier way to prevent votes against you in areas likely not to vote ANC than to put in more work and fake votes.

ANC is getting more clevaaa each cycle.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Where I voted (La Rochelle NGK in Bellville), the people refused to scan our IDs and typed it in manually! It took us about 2 hours to vote!

Last edited:
Yo must have been lucky. Took me less than 10 minutes, snuck in a lunch, a couple pints, car wash and a haircut as well before getting home in time for tea.

nicroets

I am surprised by people calling these machines tables, maybe it comes in a variety, but the ones always used at our stations looks like an enlarged till slip printer with a barcode scanner.
At our station, the first official had one of these enlarged till slip printers with bar code scanners. He gave each voter a sticker.

The second official had a tablet.

The third one had the book with all the names and crossed out each voter.

The fourth one had the ink.

The fifth one the ballot papers and the sixth one monitored the box.

(Given that the queue splits in two, were talking about 9 or 10 officials actively involved. )

RonSwanson

Executive Member
:ROFL:
:laugh:
About as explosive as a Denel munitions factory
Denel-explosion-headline.jpg

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
First time I can remember that I didn’t vote, not because I didn’t want to but because it was near impossible.

The voting station is walking distance from my house at a school and we’ve voted there twice before where it was perfectly Covid friendly and took all of 20 minutes.

Today it was changed for some reason into a meat churning sardine can with people right on top of each oftener on a tightly wound snake patterns with less than half a metre between them on all sides and queues for hours.

Attempted three different times and it just got worse as time went by.

By 20:00 it wasn’t worth bothering, not when we have two small kids at home and I’m already a bit sick.

I stood in 4-hour queues for the second vaccine shot while in perfect health, feeling like I did today I wouldn’t have made it to the front.

And if we don’t have a massive spike and new lockdown after this I’ll eat my hat.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The system seemed to work, although the tablet gadget did give problems and the lady battled to get the system to scan the bar code on my ID.
In the end it did work, and then she still scratched my name off on the printed list.
There were clearly system issues going on -- don't care what that idiot at the IEC says --- you know the one that said this year, the deceased will definitely not be allowed vote. Yes - HIM.

Grep

I really felt sorry for the poor woman doing the scanning, when I got to her table I could see she was already frustrated beyond belief. She scanned my ID and the wheel just turned and turned until she just said, go, it's fine.

krycor

Honorary Master
1st time both wife and I didn’t bother voting.. that’s two Da votes gone. I see they blaming weather.. mean time the security guard who also didn’t vote was like there is no one to vote for except new parties and he isn’t taking effort for that.. sounds about right..

SuperMario

I voted at 10:15pm last night, after standing in the queue for 2.5 hours. I think the queue was mostly due to everyone waiting for the rain to stop.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so glad I came early to vote, avoided all these issues,
was second in line, after Papa Geppetto on a walking brace in front of me.

but even then, waited until 7:10 until they could sort out the vote machine thingy.
as for if it will be counted? who the f*** knows, its probably thrown into some ditch somewhere and burned, I mean this is Africa after all.

not exactly known for their honestly and integrity.

DearHeart

Expert Member
1635834447615.png
This is what I got from the official IEC app, been voting since your grand-dad was in primary school...

LCBXX

Honorary Master
When the ANC imposed a 21day lockdown, most white-collar workers got enabled by their companies to work remotely within 10 days.

3 months in, remote working was largely slick and operating well, using consumer-grade cellular and cable telco infrastructure.

The IEC runs elections all year long with big elections every 24 months, and every election is marred by supply and system fsckups. After each election we're asked nicely to accept, excuse and forgive. Every time.