Electrical and water sub-metering for commercial premises

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Does anybody know of a company that does electrical (and water) sub-metering for commercial premises such as a shopping centre? Basically what I need is a place that can supply and install sub-meters that can measure time of use for both single and 3 phase so that municipal accounts tally up to the readings of the sub meters.

Just one thing though....I need a place that offers just the basic levels of service. Nothing spectacular. Just the basics. A place that keeps to appointments. Answers e-mails. Just the basics.

signates

Expert Member
For water you could look at the ONTEC water meter. They don't do metering billing but it's an online system where you can check the water usage. You can buy multiple units and connect them up yourself on each water line into the premises. You can have more than one water meter on your profile.

Some screenshots of their online portal.

Screenshot_20190404-213417_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20190404-222023_Chrome.jpeg

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
For water you could look at the ONTEC water meter. They don't do metering billing but it's an online system where you can check the water usage. You can buy multiple units and connect them up yourself on each water line into the premises. You can have more than one water meter on your profile.

Some screenshots of their online portal.

View attachment 650412View attachment 650414
Googled ONTEC and checked out their website. They seem to do both water and electricity.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
I am really at my wits end here. Anybody know of a company that can supply 10 single phase and 1 three phase smart meter/s that is in any way interested in selling them those meters.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I am really at my wits end here. Anybody know of a company that can supply 10 single phase and 1 three phase smart meter/s that is in any way interested in selling them those meters.
Maybe you should try and contact a property management company to see who they use?

The building where my wife once had a business, had meters for each premise that was DINrail mounted kWh digital meters suitable for single phase and 3 phase services. Simple looking things mounted straight into the DB board.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Maybe you should try and contact a property management company to see who they use?

The building where my wife once had a business, had meters for each premise that was DINrail mounted kWh digital meters suitable for single phase and 3 phase services. Simple looking things mounted straight into the DB board.
Been there done that. The people that are recommended simply do not respond. I sht you not.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
That is a pity but symptomatic of the property industry, from developers through to owners and definitely applies management agents.
In PTA there is a bunch called BROS. They employ some of the most incompetent people I have ever come a cross.