Electroneum Thread - 2018

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I think this coin can really shoot up if it gets listed on a decent exchange like binance.

saor

Honorary Master
And just before someone brings up the mobile mining thing again:

ETN is a marketing company.
They're aiming to have ETN function as a mobile currency around the world.
The whole mobile mining thing is completely peripheral and basically just an ETN faucet to get people started.

Archer

Honorary Master
Best option for an ETN wallet? Don't particularly like the website based one

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
In other words, fake, to lure people in.

Mobile mining has already entered into beta phase so not sure about it being fake. There will always be haters in any crypto and it boils down to doing your own homework.

Having said that, the currency is still young enough to make some serious money if you're looking to invest or mine.

saor

Honorary Master
Mobile mining has already entered into beta phase so not sure about it being fake.
It's not real mining.
The device isn't doing any 'work' to get ETN.
It's really just an ETN faucet on your phone that gives a standard payout.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Mobile mining has already entered into beta phase so not sure about it being fake. There will always be haters in any crypto and it boils down to doing your own homework.

Having said that, the currency is still young enough to make some serious money if you're looking to invest or mine.

I'm certainly not a hater, but I loathe deceiving tactics like this. Release an app that pretends to be a mobile miner, but it's not really a miner, it's a fake app). Promote ETN as being mineable on a mobile, I mean, seriously, how effective do people expect it to be? I'm trying to find that promotional banner with a guy on a couch smiling at his mobile, and then VS a guy standing in a mine farm :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll be considered a hater, which I'm not :eek:

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
It's not real mining.
The device isn't doing any 'work' to get ETN.
It's really just an ETN faucet on your phone that gives a standard payout.
I havent been able to test the mobile miner yet as its only been released in beta phase to those who applied and have android devices, and I atm have an iOS so cant comment on whether the app actually works.

Did you sign up for the beta and receive the invite for mining, if so then that is a bit worrying.
I'm certainly not a hater, but I loathe deceiving tactics like this. Release an app that pretends to be a mobile miner, but it's not really a miner, it's a fake app). Promote ETN as being mineable on a mobile, I mean, seriously, how effective do people expect it to be? I'm trying to find that promotional banner with a guy on a couch smiling at his mobile, and then VS a guy standing in a mine farm :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll be considered a hater, which I'm not :eek:
Didnt mean to offend, so please dont take any offense.
Perhaps skeptic would have been a better word to use :)

saor

Honorary Master
Did you sign up for the beta and receive the invite for mining, if so then that is a bit worrying.
I'm going to pull in some random quotes from the web as their whitepaper contains almost no details on what the mobile mining actually is...

The Electroneum team calls their mobile app the Mobile Mining Experience. This is a simulation of real mining and allows the user to obtain Electroneum coins. The Android app can be downloaded from the Play Store here.

https://electroneum101.com/how-to-mine-electroneum-with-a-mobile-phone/

Hi. Yes, Its simulated mining, but not simulated coins. People running the mining app get real ETN from pre-mined coins.
I think the purpose is to make it easy for everyone to get started in crypto and that will make ETN popular.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/7tjanj/whats_the_point_of_the_electroneum_app/

Edit: Ok the technical white paper (source) has more info.
Quote...

The mobile mining experience does not download a copy of the blockchain or carry out intensive CPU operations
to provide egalitarian proof of work, it is intended to give entry level access to a cryptocurrency by allowing the
experience of mining
(i.e. being issued a hash rate reflective of the CPU processing power of the device and being
awarded coins for participating in the experience). The Mobile mining experience does not directly add blocks to
the blockchain and thus it does not overheat the mobile device or use precious bandwidth. The CPU of the device
is periodically queried to ensure the simulated hashrate is correctly balanced with the other running processes and
it gives the user a very realistic mining experience, including accurately issuing Electroneum coin rewards.

The mobile mining experience has been designed to yield rapid user growth.
These users will be encouraged
and likely to take advantage of the significant mining speed and coin emission improvements of mining with the
Windows, Mac or Linux GUI miner,

saor

Honorary Master
Question about KYC.

My ICO tokens are locked up in the web wallet. Anyone here (in SA) been through the KYC process recently? I don't want to get level 2 verification only to find SA is a high risk country and requires level 3 (which I'm really not keen on). Is level 2 sufficient for ZA?

Ja, screw them for forcing KYC but eh - price keeps going up I woudln't mind cashing them out.

nitesh

^^^ quick bump re. that question about KYC.
Just submitted my info online to sent my ETN from my wallet. Also had ICO tokens sitting there doing nothing. Figured I'd exchange it for a bit of BTC