Electronic credit card payments rejected - Raru site

ramsbod

I recently tried to purchase something on the Raru site. I have a credit card with FNB. I entered my credit card details and clicked purchase. FNB sent me a one time pin which I entered immediately and clicked process. I received a popup informing me that my transaction had been rejected by the originating bank. I did this 4 times. On the 4th attempt the payment went through. Is this normal? I queried it with Raru and they informed me to contact FNB. I queried it with FNB and they say there is no record of the 3 failed attempts on their system. Even though they sent me 4 one time pins. Does anyone else have the same experience?

Praemon

Expert Member
I recently tried to purchase something on the Raru site. I have a credit card with FNB. I entered my credit card details and clicked purchase. FNB sent me a one time pin which I entered immediately and clicked process. I received a popup informing me that my transaction had been rejected by the originating bank. I did this 4 times. On the 4th attempt the payment went through. Is this normal? I queried it with Raru and they informed me to contact FNB. I queried it with FNB and they say there is no record of the 3 failed attempts on their system. Even though they sent me 4 one time pins. Does anyone else have the same experience?
Probably a BankServ issue. Their system seems to continually fall over, but then again, there's a number of failure points in the process, so could be BankServ, FNB or even MasterCard/Visa directory. FNB probably are just looking for reserves on your card, so they wouldn't pick up the other transactions since it failed before a reserve was placed on your card.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Occasionally your bank will temporarily block your card due to what it deems 'irregular' transactions. Are you sure you can use the card to withdraw money now?

If they blocked it then you just need to call to clear it up. Happened to me just last week, because I wanted to buy an expansion for one of Blizzard's games - The transaction being a payment to a European account.

blowdart18

I tried to buy something online this afternoon, ended up using my Cheque card to process the transaction.

Also an FNB credit card.