Elon Musk was not bullied in Pretoria

konfab

Honorary Master
When education is a "right", bullies get to do what they want.

Skelton said such cases were referred for a disciplinary hearing to the governing body. In serious cases, involving physical assault for example, the police were called in. The school could not expel students and had to recommend an expulsion to the education department.
The most serious incident he could remember since being at the school was the assault of Lindelani Khanyile, 17 at the time, by fellow pupils, which involved the education department, the police and the SA Human Rights Commission.

The pupil was kicked and punched by three other pupils - they were expelled, but the the decision was later overturned.

“At the end of the day, they shook hands.”
https://www.news24.com/News24/Bryanston-High-School-saddened-by-Elon-Musk-bullying-20150723

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
View attachment 1307384

Sies on you, Hanno. This is some kak journalism. For shame.

You can literally STILL see the scar under his eye today from being assaulted in school...does it matter WHICH school it happened at?

@rpm , the hell is happening with your staff?

Remember we need to be hating on Eelawn since his Twitter bid

So anything goes

wireddreams

Bullying is just horrible. There was a big guy who bullied me at school growing up in Durban... and a few years back he died of cancer... I was so happy when I heard that... I hope it was painful. I hope he wakes and dies again...

Martin 007

I went to virkrump (narrow thinking) Afrikaans school in Stellenbosch so I know the type of thinking from those days, gay was not playing or supporting rugby. We heard endless dangers of Swart gevaar and the evils of communism. Teachers turned a blind eye to bullying by other teachers as well as children. Type of code red. At least half my teachers were not mentally stable enough to be teaching.

OhYeah84

Expert Member
Um, so because they never mentioned another school it means the story is incorrect? Did they perhaps say he was bullied in Pretoria, or in school?
Put those journalistic skills to the test...

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Which stairs at Bryanston High?

The whole narrative is from a single side who manipulates cryptocurrency via twitter. Would love to know the true story and not the vlan version.

MuterOfWorlds

My own experience as a child as well as now as a father. Its quite appalling how schools just refuse to even acknowledge bullying and go so far as to victim blame and deflect to avoid responsibility and accountablity.

We ended up taking my child out of highschool as they just wouldn't acknowledge the bullying going on and their response was I should allow my child to run away from his problems.... wtf!?

Oh, there was plenty bullying going's on in Pretoria Boys high. While parents and teachers liked to ignore/pretend it wasn't happening, it was so clear, even us kids not going to the school knew all about it. Was plain to see at every sports event held with them.

Last edited: