Elon Musk was not bullied in Pretoria

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
My own experience as a child as well as now as a father. Its quite appalling how schools just refuse to even acknowledge bullying and go so far as to victim blame and deflect to avoid responsibility and accountablity.

We ended up taking my child out of the highschool as they just wouldn't acknowledge the bullying going on and there response was I should allow my child to run away from his problems.... wtf!?

Oh, there was plenty bullying going's on in Pretoria Boys high. While parents and teachers liked to ignore/pretend it wasn't happening, it was so clear, even us kids not going to the school knew all about it. Was plain to see at every sports events held with them.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Only learning about bullying in his school now. Typical teacher's attitude.

As much as kids can be cruel, I think it's the teachers who are the ones who are most cruel. They see what goes on and ignore clear signs of problems, and in some cases even become the bullies themselves.

Bryanston High treated my younger sister very badly. Our father died just before my youngest sister's prelim exams, and she missed a few key days at school (no exams were missed). When she went in to explain what had happened a teacher accused her of lying and the school offered no support. Meanwhile, another student also had a parent pass away and he was recognized and was supported across the school. Still angry to this day about it.

Now seeing my nephew go through two different top SA schools (he moved due to a physical move) and I am still so unimpressed. It feels like schools are just a conveyor belt for these kids.

MuterOfWorlds

As much as kids can be cruel, I think it's the teachers who are the ones who are most cruel. They see what goes on and ignore clear signs of problems, and in some cases even become the bullies themselves.

Bryanston High treated my younger sister very badly. Our father died just before my youngest sister's prelim exams, and she missed a few key days at school (no exams were missed). When she went in to explain what had happened a teacher accused her of lying and the school offered no support. Meanwhile, another student also had a parent pass away and he was recognized and was supported across the school. Still angry to this day about it.

Now seeing my nephew go through two different top SA schools (he moved due to a physical move) and I am still so unimpressed. It feels like schools are just a conveyor belt for these kids.
Yep. I caught a rugby coach quite literally standing with kids from his team mocking the players from another team, from the same school, same age group, about how kak they are, how stupid they are... kids he actually coaches himself. It was astonishing, especially considering the kids he was mocking were winning comprehensively and his team later went on to lose their respective match.

And to really highlight the issue, parents and coaches from the other school who witnessed it too complained about it to the school. And still, NOTHING happened, not even achnowledged.

It was so bad, the kids who were making Sharks academy were being excluded from A-team selections, played in C and D team. Teachers, especially those who are old boys at these schools, are genuinely at the core of the problem, jobs and spots for pals, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

LiezelK

Pretoria Boys High is not the most expensive school by any stretch of the imagination ! Check other Boys' schools !

Pegasus

Honorary Master
Elon Musk was not bullied in Pretoria

Although often retold, the persistent story that the world's richest man, Elon Musk, was bullied at a Pretoria school is untrue.

Musk has been making global headlines following his unexpected and unconventional Twitter acquisition.

While he enjoys acclaim for his achievements in the electric vehicle and space industries, Musk had a tough time at high school, ostensibly due to his bookish nature.
He gets bullied daily on MyBB

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Next week Friday I'm gonna to visit Pretoria and tune those rugby players kek. I've got you back, vlan. My will is also up to date and I'll leave my Lenovo to Abdullah.