Elon Musk's transgender daughter seeks name change, doesn't wish to be related 'in any way, shape or form'

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
It's not socially acceptable for an obvious man to enter a woman's only space like a bathroom without some valid reason to do so. Someone often steps in and does something about it. You've got to need to do something like change your kiddos nappy and the only changing station is in the bathroom, or you're helping your young daughter or something.

It's not even bathrooms specifically that are the potential problem, and it's not even a transgender specific problem. It's any situation in which males and females are together in a secluded space. There's a chance that rape will occur. The easier we make it as a society for those sorts of interactions to happen the less safe the society is going to be overall. It's a balancing act between personal freedoms and a state's obligation to keep its people safe. The fact that it's this balancing act is why I'm saying I can understand both sides of this argument.

I can understand why women would be uncomfortable with someone obviously physically stronger being able to just walk into what was historically a space reserved for them where they're often alone.

We're not all law-abiding citizens unfortunately.
But I think thats exactly the problem... its all about "socially acceptable" and comfort levels.

There are many that are not comfortable with the status quo.

porchrat

Honorary Master
But I think thats exactly the problem... its all about "socially acceptable" and comfort levels.

There are many that are not comfortable with the status quo.
That's why I say this isn't about transphobia. For the most part I don't see people hating on trans folks (yes there are a handful of people but honestly they're not worth the world's time). It's about finding the balance in our society where everyone is comfortable. I'm not sure where that balance is.

rambo919

Honorary Master
What about people who have both ? Perhaps its less important what's in your pants ?
People that are genuinely born with such mutations are an EXTREME minority and they have my full support if they make sensible choices. The other lot are mentally unstable and are freaks by choice not nature.

Its actually really inconvenient that toilets are not unisex. I'm often alone with my kids and then one of us need to go potty... do I take my daughter to the mens side with all the dongs hanging out or drag my son into the womans side?
That's what mothers are for, don't leave home without one.

surface

Honorary Master
Who says I’m a ‘bro’? Your assumption offends me, and I’m offended. Yet, you don’t care. How dare you.
It is super cool though that you speak for everyone. Does that count for the Uganda collective as well?
Since you mention Uganda, do you know why craters are round ?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Well turn away from the dad who is the richest guy in the world, then worry why he is no longer covering your credit card bills, or why your friends wants to hang out with you.

Personally She would have been the best candidate to take over the family business.
Was he covering them before this declaration?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
People that are genuinely born with such mutations are an EXTREME minority and they have my full support if they make sensible choices. The other lot are mentally unstable and are freaks by choice not nature.
Yes, but where must they go to the toilet ? How must they dress ?

Its a lot more common than you think. Whats even worse is you think because there are so few of them, its justification for treating them badly.

and if you don't think its a bad thing then consider what it would be like if there where no public toilets for men.
Imagine you were born like Caster Semenya and got weird looks every time you wanted to take a leak in the ladies toilet.
That's what mothers are for, don't leave home without one.
Oh.. so you aren't actually a man.

Makes sense now. Mom still wipe your dick ?

rambo919

Honorary Master
Yes, but where must they go to the toilet ? How must they dress ?

Its a lot more common than you think. Whats even worse is you think because there are so few of them, its justification for treating them badly.

and if you don't think its a bad thing then consider what it would be like if there where no public toilets for men.
Imagine you were born like Caster Semenya and got weird looks every time you wanted to take a leak in the ladies toilet.

Oh.. so you aren't actually a man.

Makes sense now. Mom still wipe your dick ?
I hope you don't speak like that to people in general and then actually expect them to respect you enough to reply to your insults.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I hope you don't speak like that to people in general and then actually expect them to respect you enough to reply to your insults.
Um... I make a paragraph of valid points and one low blow at your dumb comment, but thats an issue for you.

Go back to what I said. How must a dad take his kids into a public bathroom ?
and if you are not man enough to look after your own kids then I'm going to highlight it again.
Have some respect. I have more than one friend who has lost their wife and are now solo dads taking their little girls to malls.

You were the one who said this would end in pedophilia but you sound perfectly happy to have some poor guy bring his little girl into the gents so he can have a piss.
You probably love it when they have to stand at the urinal at eye level to your prick.

The Darkness

Expert Member
Um... I make a paragraph of valid points and one low blow at your dumb comment, but thats an issue for you.

and if you are not man enough to look after your own kids then I'm going to highlight it again.
Have some respect. I have more than one friend who has lost their wife and are now solo dads taking their little girls to malls.

You were the one who said this would end in pedophilia but you sound perfectly happy to have some poor guy bring his little girl into the gents so he can have a piss.
You probably love it when they have to stand at the urinal at eye level to your prick.
You’ve made the huge mistake of engaging with Rambo. It’s a prick shaped troll

Honorary Master
Its actually really inconvenient that toilets are not unisex. I'm often alone with my kids and then one of us need to go potty... do I take my daughter to the mens side with all the dongs hanging out or drag my son into the womans side ?

Go to the women's toilet, mostly women won't make a fuss if you are polite and they see you have a little girl that needs to go. Try and find one that is quieter.

rambo919

Honorary Master

Again.... you give me no reason to respect you.... so stop bugging me.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Go to the women's toilet, mostly women won't make a fuss if you are polite and they see you have a little girl that needs to go. Try and find one that is quieter.
Perhaps read the rest of the thread.... because that is the exact issue people are making. Somehow if I enter a womans bathrooms its going to become rape city.

Honorary Master
Perhaps read the rest of the thread.... because that is the exact issue people are making. Somehow if I enter a womans bathrooms its going to become rape city.

Oh, I thought you were actually asking in a real world situation what you should do.

It's also about context. Late night bar bathrooms are different to father and kid at a mall situation.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Oh, I thought you were actually asking in a real world situation what you should do.

It's also about context. Late night bar bathrooms are different to father and kid at a mall situation.
Ya, real world I would just walk in. If someone has an issue then they can show me where I can take my child.

Many places have family toilets which are great but then double up as disabled toilets which is not always fair on the people in the wheelchairs. Then if they make the disabled toilets the feeding room and the changing room then that is even worse... basically just paying lip service to "accessability"

Honorary Master
Ya, real world I would just walk in. If someone has an issue then they can show me where I can take my child.

Many places have family toilets which are great but then double up as disabled toilets which is not always fair on the people in the wheelchairs. Then if they make the disabled toilets the feeding room and the changing room then that is even worse... basically just paying lip service to "accessability"

There are some really nice places that have 4 bathrooms - Women's, Mens, Family room (with changing table) and one for disabled.

The family rooms with a changing area were great when my kids were younger - even more so when you have more than 1 child as it gives you the peace of mind for the toddler

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
There are some really nice places that have 4 bathrooms - Women's, Mens, Family room (with changing table) and one for disabled.

The family rooms with a changing area were great when my kids were younger - even more so when you have more than 1 child as it gives you the peace of mind for the toddler
and I don't think its a hard thing to do either. When you think about it... would you visit somewhere with really bad bathrooms ?
Most would say no, so that means its in the interest of the mall/venue to provide adequate facilities.

Emjay

Honorary Master

Many places have single bathrooms for people with children. Also, the disabled bathrooms are always open.

It's not rocket science.