Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

Akirky

Expert Member
Ah okay, I also saw that it played UHD HDR titles. Problem is with The Expanse - for some reason season 1-3 only goes up to HD, despite having the HDR icon. Season 4 plays in UHD HDR. The rest of the 4k titles I tried also played perfectly.
I guess it depends on the age of the title and if it was released in UHD/HD or some upscaling.?

extrusion

I guess it depends on the age of the title and if it was released in UHD/HD or some upscaling.?

There are both the SDR and 4k UHD HDR titles (separate). The 4k one is the one that is available in SA, but it only plays in HD. I believe they are incorrectly limiting the quality. Tried on different devices / TVs.

Johnny_Q

Good day

My Disney+ app wont update says not compatible anymore with my device.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Model : AGT419 Firmware : 9.09

HappyTank

It seems like only it's own remote works with it? I bought a great air-mouse remote which works great on two of my other android tv boxes, but on this device it just don't want to work. The air-mouse can only switch it off, not on again. Need to use it's own remote to switch on. Can not even click the mouse button on everything. Again... Need to use it's own remote. And when I want type what I am looking for in the screen pop-up keyboard, also, AGAIN, need to use it's own mouse to click. So yes maybe the box works great, but the remote just CAN'T be replaced. This sucks... A LOT

Last edited:

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Anyone else have an issue with the Ethernet port?

Every time you reboot the box, it doesn't automatically connect to the network port. You have to unplug the cable and plug it back in...

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Suddenly, it looks like the video is too large for our TV. The top and bottom of the screen is cut off.

I can "zoom out", but then black bars appear on the sides. My TV resolution is 1080p, and the Ematic was set to 1080p. I have temporarily "fixed" it by lowering the resolution to 720p, but that defeats the purpose of having a 1080p TV.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Crumbl0x

Get the box first.
whew, after a hefty delay I've received my box today!
Can I now receive any wisdom you have to dispense?
Also if anyone else has any input, please refer to this:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask a small bunch of things revolving around the software:

I'm going to receive my box in due time and wanted to know, how's everyone's experience been after updating to the most recent version of Android TV on this box?
How would you say it compared to earlier or factory fresh versions?
Any kind of performance downgrades (or up) you noticed?
Is there a specific version (if any) I should stick to if there are issues?
I was made aware that a recent casting bug was fixed not too long ago, did an OTA update for such come through for this box?

I appreciate everyone's time to report their experiences if possible, thank you.

HappyTank

It seems like only it's own remote works with it? I bought a great air-mouse remote which works great on two of my other android tv boxes, but on this device it just don't want to work. The air-mouse can only switch it off, not on again. Need to use it's own remote to switch on. Can not even click the mouse button on everything. Again... Need to use it's own remote. And when I want type what I am looking for in the screen pop-up keyboard, also, AGAIN, need to use it's own mouse to click. So yes maybe the box works great, but the remote just CAN'T be replaced. This sucks... A LOT
Anyone with an answer. some feedback? Maybe a great remote to get hold of?

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

Oh whoops, my model shipped with the latest pre-installed already hehe, thanks for the help regardless!

extrusion

Does this box support HD audio such as DTS-HD MA?
On Kodi the options for passthrough is not available (only normal 5.1 codecs).
Using VLC I have gotten DTS-HD MA on my receiver, but the problem is after a few seconds / minutes (happens at random), the receiver input stream switches from HD MA to normal DTS (the core stream included in the HD stream I presume). I find that quite odd.

xbmcfan

Using VLC I have gotten DTS-HD MA on my receiver, but the problem is after a few seconds / minutes (happens at random), the receiver input stream switches from HD MA to normal DTS (the core stream included in the HD stream I presume). I find that quite odd.
For HD Audio you need an Nvidia Shield(expensive) or X3 Cube S905X3(cheaper option).
The Ematic, Lit and Mi Box S doesn't support HD Audio.
The X3 Cube available on Geekbuying, Banggood and other sites works really well.
I would suggest Banggood and then use the R27.90 Buffalo Express shipping and on checkout use the tariff insurance to get a refund if you need to pay any VAT, it's about R60 cheaper than using the direct tax free shipping option and works the same.
HD Audio(DTS-HD MA, True-HD, DTS-HD), auto frame-rate switching, color switching support in Android, system-wide frame-rate switching even for apps like MXPlayer, DSTV Now, Showmax and IPTV apps which don't even support this feature natively are all working. You can also dual-boot CoreELEC for even smoother video playback than Android, recommended for 4K, HDR movies with high bit-rates, it uses almost a tenth of the RAM, CPU usage of Android and also supports up to FHD Netflix with the Kodi addon in CoreELEC.

Unfortunately anything imported is expensive right now with the low exchange rate, you won't find anything cheaper right now that plays HD audio unless you get a secondhand S905X/S912 device that supports CoreELEC locally from someone.

Gudnews

Expert Member
I've grown to love 5.1 Dolby digital (the key is positioning the surround speakers). It's the MP3 of this field. Chasing that latest surround sound codec just leads to frustration (less so with big pockets). I'd advise anybody to take on my mentality, it's really freeing.

Last edited: