Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

groenie101

Hey guys, thinking of ordering one for me. how has the experience been?
I just returned my Skyworth Binge after 3 months due to more frequent freezing and restarting and remote also started giving issues.

Does the Ematic also have DOLBY + DTS like the Xiaomi mi box s?

currently on the border between the 2.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Hey guys, thinking of ordering one for me. how has the experience been?
I just returned my Skyworth Binge after 3 months due to more frequent freezing and restarting and remote also started giving issues.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks
Best ask @Dolby...

Hehehe

But seriously he can tell you.

Dolby

Honorary Master

My guess is it does - but it'd be app dependent on both.

Are you thinking for your own content, or streaming?
I'm unsure if anyone streams DTS?
Netflix streams DD5.1 - which works perfectly

The main difference between both is the ports - the Ematic has an extra USB2.0 and an Ethernet port. If you're not too concerned about that, maybe just go for the cheaper one?

I know plenty of people that prefer a wired network (I do!) and stream content from a HDD (I don't!) - and the Mi can't do both at the same time because of lack of ports

You either buy a USB <> Ethernet adapter (R200.00ish) and use your only USB port - so no port for a HDD
Or you go WiFi and use that USB for the HDD.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master

The main difference between both is the ports - the Ematic has an extra USB2.0 and an Ethernet port. If you're not too concerned about that, maybe just go for the cheaper one?

I know plenty of people that prefer a wired network (I do!) and stream content from a HDD (I don't!) - and the Mi can't do both at the same time because of lack of ports

You either buy a USB <> Ethernet adapter (R200.00ish) and use your only USB port - so no port for a HDD
Minor correction, Netflix uses DD+ not just normal DD.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Some titles are DD+ Atmos.

Yup - not an Android box though, not even the Shield.

OLED TVs and a few other devices.

Totally off topic of the Ematic, Samsung best start working an a Netflix Atmos app on their new TVs, else I'm jumping the next time around. They have a few models that are starting to get Atmos titles - but neither Samsung or Netflix are saying much on it. So maybe they're just testing ... but best they roll out

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Yup - not an Android box though, not even the Shield.

OLED TVs and a few other devices.

Totally off topic of the Ematic, Samsung best start working an a Netflix Atmos app on their new TVs, else I'm jumping the next time around. They have a few models that are starting to get Atmos titles - but neither Samsung or Netflix are saying much on it. So maybe they're just testing ... but best they roll out
You shouldn't have to but it works if you use the Kodi addon.

groenie101

Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback.

Will go with the Ematic as i do prefer using a wired connection.
Mostly i use it for showmax, netflix and plex.

Was a big bummer for the Binge box, device has a premium look and feel and the remote as well.(previously had a chinese import H96 pro (plug kept going)
at the end i had to tap buttons twice on the binge remote for something to happen. (thought it was batteries but changed it and had the same issue)

Waiting on feedback from Takealot on the return and will give feedback after i order the ematic and give it a test.

Almost half of advertised S905x devices or shops are still showing these devices as 2.0Ghz.
Amlogic faked the results in their bootloader so that the kernel reported 2.0Ghz even if it was only 1.5Ghz capable.
https://www.cnx-software.com/2016/0...e-limited-to-1-5-ghz-not-2-ghz-as-advertised/

No no, please stop talking like it's all facts.

The Xiaomi Mi Box 3 is the only certified S905X Android TV showing 2.0 GHz, like so here (click).

All the others show 1.5 GHz, see:
- Every SDMC device: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=SDMC+Amlogic
- Every SEI Robotics device: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=SEI*+Amlogic
- Geniatech: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=Geniatech
- Mecool KM8: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=KM8
- Etc etc

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

You can buy a Ethernet adapter, with 3 port USB hub, got one from Takealot, that works with my Mi-Box 3, not the S version, which I do not have.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Up to what does the MicroSD card slot of the Ematic support ?

The Lit Box's MicroSD card slot supports up to 32GB.

Dolby

Honorary Master
That's what I meant, Mi Box is the only one cheating here. Other are not.

Ah - yea I agree.

I've actually haven't seen the chip maker or anyone else claiming 2.0Ghz, aside from Mi.