Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
There's an update available for the DSTV app on the Google Play Store for the eMatic AGT419 Android TV box - dated 10 Aug 2021 - with the tagline: 'What's New: We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers".

:whistling:

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
There's an update available for the DSTV app on the Google Play Store for the eMatic AGT419 Android TV box - dated 10 Aug 2021 - with the tagline: 'What's New: We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers".

:whistling:

Really ... , cheeky buggers :)

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
There were 4 app updates queued in the PlayStore on my AGT-419 when I checked this morning:
  1. Backdrop Daydream (release date - 12 Aug 21)
  2. Netflix (release date - 18 Aug 21)
  3. Google app for Android TV (release date - 18 Aug 21)
  4. Android System WebView (release date - 30 Aug 21)
Still no update for the firmware / OS as yet though.

Stormmy82

Hi Everyone.
im a newbie here on this site. so hope i can explain and ask what i need and word it correctly. lol
i bought the Ematic 4K Ultra AGT-419 Android Box awhile back and im loving it. Ive had multiple problems from the cheaper android boxes until i found this one.
the only issue im having now for a couple months is the one USB port doesnt really work.
The usb port closest to back of the box works 100%, but the port closest to the front of the box doesnt read any flash drive, phone, wireless keyboard connector nothing. BUT...there is power on the port as it charges my phone when plugged in.
Only issue it doesnt read any forms of memory device.
Please can someone assist me on this issue? would he greatly appreciated...
im also pretty clued up on Android Firmware as i tend to Root all my Android devices.

rrh

Expert Member
Hi Everyone.
im a newbie here on this site. so hope i can explain and ask what i need and word it correctly. lol
i bought the Ematic 4K Ultra AGT-419 Android Box awhile back and im loving it. Ive had multiple problems from the cheaper android boxes until i found this one.
the only issue im having now for a couple months is the one USB port doesnt really work.
The usb port closest to back of the box works 100%, but the port closest to the front of the box doesnt read any flash drive, phone, wireless keyboard connector nothing. BUT...there is power on the port as it charges my phone when plugged in.
im also pretty clued up on Android Firmware as i tend to Root all my Android devices.
Have you tried another USB cable ?

I have a USB cable - supplied with my wireless earbuds - that exhibits exactly the same symptoms: it will charge any device, just won't exchange data with any device,

shaheedtait

Hi all. I'm a new user of this nice little device. i just have a few questions for the long time users or possibly @Nology

1. I noticed if the device is unplugged without shutting it down, it turns on and the screen is blank after the boot screen for around 5 minutes and then goes back to the Home screen. Is this normal?
2. I added a 64GB Micro SD and formatted as System storage. The card shows up in the settings menu but not in apps such as File Managers. How do I make this visible and usable to copy data to?
3. Is there a way to get the current weather onto the home screen without the use of a third-party launcher?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

killerbyte

Expert Member
Hi Everyone.
When did you buy it? Where did you buy it from?
If its within a year please return it so it can be RMA'd. All the ports should work.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Hi all. I'm a new user of this nice little device. i just have a few questions for the long time users or possibly @Nology

1. I noticed if the device is unplugged without shutting it down, it turns on and the screen is blank after the boot screen for around 5 minutes and then goes back to the Home screen. Is this normal?
2. I added a 64GB Micro SD and formatted as System storage. The card shows up in the settings menu but not in apps such as File Managers. How do I make this visible and usable to copy data to?
3. Is there a way to get the current weather onto the home screen without the use of a third-party launcher?
Thanks in advance
1. I will have to test this out and see what the behavior is, I rarely unplug my AGT419.
2. Try File Commander
3. Not that I am aware of.

shaheedtait

1. I will have to test this out and see what the behavior is, I rarely unplug my AGT419.
2. Try File Commander
3. Not that I am aware of.
For point 2. I had to use the function "Migrate data to this storage" the sd card then became the default device. Most, not all apps now get installed to the SD Card. Currently using a 64GB Card with no issues.

I also want to point out that I am using my Fire TV Stick remote. All buttons work great when paired. The addition of Play/Pause and mute is awesome.

dbfb5cd38b44b3ef5298ebeda1d1f386.jpg

milomak

Honorary Master
so could this also go the way of the telkom lit box and lose any of the google, netflix or dstv certification?

shaheedtait

so could this also go the way of the telkom lit box and lose any of the google, netflix or dstv certification?
I doubt it. Telkom upper management do not know there earholes from their assholes. Case and point, they cut off landlines and distribute Wireless sim phones and then complain ADSL subscribers are down.

I really doubt a non-Telkom device would follow suite.

milomak

Honorary Master
i guess though this is marketed as google/netflix/dstv certified so a loss of any is a break of a condition under which the device is bought

Electron1

Expert Member
@Nology, is there a time limit on Netflix support/agreement on the Ematic agt419? Will it have the same issue as the Telkom LIT with Netflix in the future?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
@Nology, is there a time limit on Netflix support/agreement on the Ematic agt419? Will it have the same issue as the Telkom LIT with Netflix in the future?

Probably only when the device reaches "end of service" status, as the device is manufacturers certified, and not service provider certified like the LIT box.