Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

SHL

Expert Member
Got this box yesterday. Everything works fine, except DSVTV Now don't want to register the device. When I go to the "Register this device" button, and click OK nothing happens, I can go back, but unable to register.
Its not the remote, not my account. After the failure I tried registering my Skyworth box with the same DSTV details and the device registered.
Can anyone confirm if they got it working? If it is the box I want to know so it can be returned. Any thoughts?
I just setup my Ematic box yesterday and everything works fine including Dstv Now. After selecting the Dstv Now app, did you follow the link and enter the code?

lkswan747

Expert Member
I got the Ematic box yesterday and had an issue where I needed the wireless MAC address in order to allow it to connect to my wireless network. The MAC address on the bottom of the unit as well as the box is for the ethernet adapter. I contacted Nology support via the Ematic website and received a response to say that a consultant would contact me. Here is the catch, the did not mention in what month, year or century they would contact me. Fortunately I have a good technical background and was eventually able to find the wireless MAC and managed o get the box working. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the box and its functioning but boy, I hope I dont have to deal with Nology/Ematic support anytime soon.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I got the Ematic box yesterday and had an issue where I needed the wireless MAC address in order to allow it to connect to my wireless network. The MAC address on the bottom of the unit as well as the box is for the ethernet adapter. I contacted Nology support via the Ematic website and received a response to say that a consultant would contact me. Here is the catch, the did not mention in what month, year or century they would contact me. Fortunately I have a good technical background and was eventually able to find the wireless MAC and managed o get the box working. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the box and its functioning but boy, I hope I dont have to deal with Nology/Ematic support anytime soon.

Nology, usually get back to you, and the support is good, just that the timeline for it is rather flexible, as if they do not have a dedicated help type.

thehuman

Expert Member
Got one of these , it crashing on startup , assume do exchange with takealot :(

Dolby

Honorary Master
Please let me know if you have tested this?

The room where I am now is a funny double volume ... so it can't have overhead speakers or even bounce off the ceiling. Doubt I'd get Atmos in my current place then :)

Deanoblado

The room where I am now is a funny double volume ... so it can't have overhead speakers or even bounce off the ceiling. Doubt I'd get Atmos in my current place then :)

sure but does netflix show atmos is available before you start the show? does the netflix add on work and look the same as the normal app?

Dolby

Honorary Master
sure but does netflix show atmos is available before you start the show? does the netflix add on work and look the same as the normal app?

Netflix will only show what you equipment handles. So if you have a 1080 TV with normal sound, you'll only see that logo.

If you have UltraHD and 5.1, it'll show those. And if you have an Atmos amp, will it show that.

So you'll need to get someone with the add on and Atmos, to see the logo and see if it runs (assuming the add on runs the same way)

Deanoblado

It works and it looks like any other Kodi addon.
Thanks i will test it.

Netflix will only show what you equipment handles. So if you have a 1080 TV with normal sound, you'll only see that logo.

If you have UltraHD and 5.1, it'll show those. And if you have an Atmos amp, will it show that.

So you'll need to get someone with the add on and Atmos, to see the logo and see if it runs (assuming the add on runs the same way)

See what you mean, i guess i need to test it myself.