Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

TedP

Here's a query on the Ematic AGT419. I bought mine from Matrix Northgate last Sunday. I'm happy with it except for one thing which for me is a deal breaker. The problem is that as supplied it is not possible to write to the SD card or a USB sick. This means that the user cannot delete , move, copy or cutf file . It is also not possible to record shows to the SD card or a memory stick. It seems that the box needs to be rooted but I can't find how to do this . All the info on the internet seems to be for TV boxes with the stock Android system rather that the Android TV OS as installed on the Ematic box
Has anyone on the forun tried to root the box or know how to do this ?

rodga

Honorary Master
Here's a query on the Ematic AGT419. I bought mine from Matrix Northgate last Sunday. I'm happy with it except for one thing which for me is a deal breaker. The problem is that as supplied it is not possible to write to the SD card or a USB sick. This means that the user cannot delete , move, copy or cutf file . It is also not possible to record shows to the SD card or a memory stick. It seems that the box needs to be rooted but I can't find how to do this . All the info on the internet seems to be for TV boxes with the stock Android system rather that the Android TV OS as installed on the Ematic box
Has anyone on the forun tried to root the box or know how to do this ?
The sd card writing is and android problem not a ematic box problem

TedP

I do understand that - just trying to find a way to root the system if that is what is required

joshuatree

Expert Member
O crap , so one cannot download directly and build and chop and change a small library of movies on a SD card on these Android TV OS boxes - was thinking of scenarios where AirBNB' ing a place or where internet is not uncapped and having a box with like a movie box office library on.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
O crap , so one cannot download directly and build and chop and change a small library of movies on a SD card on these Android TV OS boxes - was thinking of scenarios where AirBNB' ing a place or where internet is not uncapped and having a box with like a movie box office library on.
I've done this on the MiBox?

Thor

Honorary Master
That would be illegal

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Could do Netflix downloads?

TheLuckmeister

Quick question for the guys/gals who've had these Ematics for a bit now... any hassles or issues?
I've got a MiBox and I'd like to get another box for upstairs, I'd like to get something with an Ethernet port so i can connect via LAN as WiFi isnt great upstairs.

I was about to order the Ematic and i saw a review on Takealot saying "Save your money get a Mi Box".
I'm assuming this is a one off, and the rest of the owners are very happy.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Akirky

Expert Member
Quick question for the guys/gals who've had these Ematics for a bit now... any hassles or issues?
I've got a MiBox and I'd like to get another box for upstairs, I'd like to get something with an Ethernet port so i can connect via LAN as WiFi isnt great upstairs.

I was about to order the Ematic and i saw a review on Takealot saying "Save your money get a Mi Box".

I'm happy with mine, it does what I want it to do.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep

Occasional reboot required.

SHL

Expert Member

Another happy owner here and no issues thus far.

Jacoco

Quite happy, except for fact for life of me can't cast to it from my PC on Chrome when playing DSTV. Was no issue with the Mi Box, but Ematic just doesn't show up to be able to cast to it.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Am considering this box, want one to take to work for the Rugby World Cup, don't like taking my LIT box down, then setting it up, then down and up, till the competition is past.

Does anyone know if it plays nice with HDMI to VGA adapters.