Ematic 4K Ultra HD Android TV Box (AGT419) Feedback

hungrymamba

Expert Member
Quite happy, except for fact for life of me can't cast to it from my PC on Chrome when playing DSTV. Was no issue with the Mi Box, but Ematic just doesn't show up to be able to cast to it.

Are they on the same network? Mine casts just fine.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
^^^^ Why not just watch it on a tablet or in a browser ?

Maximum number of devices, one of which is already a computer, which will loose its device slot in favour of a vastly more portable device ...

Also not a spare computer at work, just a few monitors

Zen17h

Up to what does the MicroSD card slot of the Ematic support ?

The Lit Box's MicroSD card slot supports up to 32GB.
Ah I see !

I hoped for more

Just recently got this box and was looking for the same info, however they now have this in their FAQ :
Q: What is the maximum capacity of the microSD card?
A: The card slot supports up to 128GB.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Just recently got this box and was looking for the same info, however they now have this in their FAQ :
Q: What is the maximum capacity of the microSD card?
A: The card slot supports up to 128GB.
Thank you for the info !

That is impressive.

Bothorpe

Hi

Since I received this box today, having tried oh so many in the past I can finally say I've found a box which ticks all the box's as a media option and am happy to answer any questions, I am not associated in any way Nology or Ematic.

My setup is Ematic ---> Samsung 4k TV ---> Onkyo 5.1 reciever via ARC HDMI with speaker settings locked on 5.1
Ethernet for connectivity.

I did confirm that this is a rebranded Ematic Jetstream AGT418 that is sold in america (Contacted nology about this)

My experience as a media player, did not bother testing gaming as am familiar with S905X box's and with the low storage space and memory I don't think this is something you would buy for it.

Pro's
  • Dolby Digital output confirmed working just fine through Youtube, Google Play, Netflix and Kodi
  • 4K HDR smooth
  • Interface Snappy
  • Casting to device
  • Remote buttons nice and snappy
  • HDMI-CEC works
  • Interface smooth
  • Google assistant integration flawless.
Con's
  • Initial setup didnt take well, couldnt cast to the device, had to restart and try again
  • Would have liked more than 8GB local storage

If you want me to try anything out or confirm, let me know.
I know it can be hard to find the right thing.
Did you connect the digital audio to your 5.1 receiver via hdmi or spdif. I cant get it to work via spdif?
When the 5.1 sound is selected on Netflix there is no sound to my 5.1 receiver, but it comes through on pcm or if I select the 2 channel option in Netflix. Is there a setting I miss? I selected digital Spdif from the sound settings.
Regards

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Did you connect the digital audio to your 5.1 receiver via hdmi or spdif. I cant get it to work via spdif?
When the 5.1 sound is selected on Netflix there is no sound to my 5.1 receiver, but it comes through on pcm or if I select the 2 channel option in Netflix. Is there a setting I miss? I selected digital Spdif from the sound settings.
Regards
Netflix uses Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 which doesn't work over SPDIF, only HDMI.

Bothorpe

Takealot was the best deal I could find since it includes free delivery for the purchase price.

IanM

Noob question... Can I load a VPN app on this to access Netflix US?

Skurf

Regards
Got the same problem. Still using Yamaha amp with spdif, I found if you set the audio setting on box to HDMI/Auto then Netflix sound works. Not sure if that's the correct way.

Previous box(sunvell T95z plus) seems to work on the spdif setting.

Skurf

Got the same problem. Still using Yamaha amp with spdif, I found if you set the audio setting on box to HDMI/Auto then Netflix sound works. Not sure if that's the correct way.

Previous box(sunvell T95z plus) seems to work on the spdif setting.
OK, so setting set to PCM also work. So what is the spdif setting for, even if you are using the spdif from box to amp

Skurf

I have another tricky question. Why does some apps not appear under the app icon(so you can't link them as favorites), but only under apps in settings?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Ok so i receieved my box yesterday.

Last night plugged it in got it all up and running.
Youtube linked
Showmax linked
need to check on netflix too soon..

A question on youtube.. the heck i find the search option??? lol just comes up with suggestions...