eMedia launches video streaming play - eVOD

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
eVOD — E-tv's Netflix contender launched

E-tv and Openview owner eMedia has launched an on-demand video streaming service called eVOD.

Launched with MTN as the technology partner, eVOD features E-tv’s original soaps and telenovelas as well as local and Hollywood movies.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Sherrif said that if they get to 300,ooo viewers after a year, he believes they would have done well.
I read that as 300 ... nice set the bar low

McGuywer

Executive Member
0923631F-EE72-4862-AB59-21066C0FAAE7.png

They dont even answer their own FAQs.

While saying that, I welcome any competition.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Opportunity missed.

Would have been nice if they had all the Openview channels on streaming at least but instead they have shows no one watch and let's just say you wanted to watch something in Afrikaans well sorry for you all the Afrikaans shows is premium only. No surprise there.

This can't even compare to Showmax Mobile and Netflix mobile at R39 and R49 respectively.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

defcomk

DOA if you partner with a carrier don't put a cap on the streaming this will die just like Cellc's black thingy thang

Yskasmetnstoof

The key to the whole streaming thing on SA TV (sport included) looks like allowing encryption on the coming set top boxes for digital tv. New minister... gives me hope ... But this is the ANC...

Nod

Executive Member
No support for Android TV?
Google Play says my device (Telkom LIT) is not compatible.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Dstv.. sounds like the audio is being played from a cellphone into an empty can, recorded at the lowest bitrate, treble pushed to the highest and then added to the video..
Same on my Explora. eTV Movies channel sounds like bootleg garbage DVDs people passed around in the early 2000s.