Emigration: Australia & New Zealand

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Nz shores came back after I sent my cv

Thank you for taking the time to complete our eligibility assessment. I am happy to tell you that based on the information you provided us you are eligible under the following categories:

1. The Skilled Migrant Category
2. The Work to Residence Category
3. The Essential Skills Work Visa Category

Based on your considerable skills and experience, we would like to document a comprehensive eligibility assessment for you (free of charge). This assessment will be documented by a licenced immigration adviser and will outline information on your eligibility, the process and the costs involved. This assessment will be emailed to you within the next 5-10 working days.

So, will wait and see.

ryanrich

Thank you for taking the time to complete our eligibility assessment. I am happy to tell you that based on the information you provided us you are eligible under the following categories:

Based on your considerable skills and experience, we would like to document a comprehensive eligibility assessment for you (free of charge). This assessment will be documented by a licenced immigration adviser and will outline information on your eligibility, the process and the costs involved. This assessment will be emailed to you within the next 5-10 working days.

So, will wait and see.
Nice one, that sounds very promising!

F1ve_Claw

So, will wait and see.
Now to find a job and you are sorted!

marco79

Expert Member
We have applied for our unabridged marriage & birth certificates a few weeks back. As soon as we receive these docs, I will apply for police clearance.

Is our next step to have an assessment done through NZ shores? I want to get an eligibility assessment done, but will do the VISA application process myself.

MrJacques

We have applied for our unabridged marriage & birth certificates a few weeks back. As soon as we receive these docs, I will apply for police clearance.

Is our next step to have an assessment done through NZ shores? I want to get an eligibility assessment done, but will do the VISA application process myself.
For Aus. your initial entry date by which you must enter the country (once you have actually been granted a Visa) will be determined by the date of your police clearance / medical, whichever expires first. And those are only valid for a year. It's probably the same for N.Z.

F1ve_Claw

For Aus. your initial entry date by which you must enter the country (once you have actually been granted a Visa) will be determined by the date of your police clearance / medical, whichever expires first. And those are only valid for a year. It's probably the same for N.Z.
@MrJacques is on the money. With NZ you generally also need a job first, so that delay can cause you to redo the PCC.

marco79

Expert Member
@MrJacques is on the money. With NZ you generally also need a job first, so that delay can cause you to redo the PCC.
I think the PCC is the least of my worries, and cheapest on the list of requirements. I will redo the PCC if needed.

There are currently 2 jobs available in NZ now that I would qualify for, but I first want to get all my paperwork sorted before any applications.

How do I get my qualification and experience assessed for NZ?

MrJacques

Last edited:

RandomGeek

I think the PCC is the least of my worries, and cheapest on the list of requirements. I will redo the PCC if needed.

There are currently 2 jobs available in NZ now that I would qualify for, but I first want to get all my paperwork sorted before any applications.

How do I get my qualification and experience assessed for NZ?
Bargain for 2-3 months for the PCC.
And if you need one for the wife, make sure they put her maiden name in as well. SAPS stuffed this one up for us, we had to apply for a new one (another 2-3 months...)

MrJacques

Yeah, the waiting times for PCC have increased, making timing difficult. For Aus. PR the advice I've seen is to wait until you get an invite, then apply for PCC. You have 60 days to accept the invite, so PCC might not be ready by then. Can you submit your application without the PCC and add it later? It seems like it takes 2-4 months to get a case officer assigned once you've applied, so by then the PCC should be ready.

RandomGeek

Yeah, the waiting times for PCC have increased, making timing difficult. For Aus. PR the advice I've seen is to wait until you get an invite, then apply for PCC. You have 60 days to accept the invite, so PCC might not be ready by then. Can you submit your application without the PCC and add it later? It seems like it takes 2-4 months to get a case officer assigned once you've applied, so by then the PCC should be ready.
For Aus you can do the PCC and Medicals after you have completed your application. For 189 they are taking roughly 8 months to process. Processing times have increased dramatically on the 189 stream recently :(

MrJacques

For Aus you can do the PCC and Medicals after you have completed your application. For 189 they are taking roughly 8 months to process. Processing times have increased dramatically on the 189 stream recently :(

Yes, I've seen they are taking a long time with processing :(

MrJacques

A bit soon to tell, but it looks like another low invite round. I think they are waiting for the Nov points changes before ramping up the invites and also probably trying to get the backlog sorted out.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
A bit soon to tell, but it looks like another low invite round. I think they are waiting for the Nov points changes before ramping up the invites and also probably trying to get the backlog sorted out.
My only hope seems that there are many married people whose wives can't speak English at all.:confused:
And very few single people. Very very few.

FlashSA

Executive Member

So, will wait and see.
I received exactly the same last Friday. I'm now waiting for the full assessment.

Interestingly, family of my wife was asked to pay about R700 before they did the full assessment - this was last year. I confirmed with someone else who recently contacted New Zealand Shores that they paid the R700.

So you and I are free first up. I am wondering if it's because our CV's look REALLY good or something...

FlashSA

Executive Member

Did you submit a copy of the IB-30 document with your unabridged marriage certificate application? I was told at Home Affairs yesterday that there is a 6 to 9 month waiting period for unabridged marriage certificates unless you can get a copy of that IB-30 document from the minister who married you - its the document we, along with witnesses signed at rhe wedding church service.

I have made contact with the minister who married us and he is going to try locate the document in his archives as he has to keep a copy by law.

I'm going to Home Affairs tomorrow for my and my wife's unabridged birth certificates, but will wait for feedback from the minister before I submit the unabridged marriage certificate application.

I'm waiting for school holidays in 2 weeks so I can make an online home affairs booking for us 4 for passports

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Did you submit a copy of the IB-30 document with your unabridged marriage certificate application? I was told at Home Affairs yesterday that there is a 6 to 9 month waiting period for unabridged marriage certificates unless you can get a copy of that IB-30 document from the minister who married you - its the document we, along with witnesses signed at rhe wedding church service.

I have made contact with the minister who married us and he is going to try locate the document in his archives as he has to keep a copy by law.

I'm going to Home Affairs tomorrow for my and my wife's unabridged birth certificates, but will wait for feedback from the minister before I submit the unabridged marriage certificate application.

I'm waiting for school holidays in 2 weeks so I can make an online home affairs booking for us 4 for passports
Ours took about 9 months. My wife contacted HA many times, after a while they said the minister never handed in the register (probably that IB-30). We got the "receipt" from the minister and a copy, and back we went. Still ended up taking at least 4 months after that. It's been so long I'm actually not sure how long it took.
Back then I still thought our PR 189 was imminent, so it was stressing me out quite a bit.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Ours took about 9 months. My wife contacted HA many times, after a while they said the minister never handed in the register (probably that IB-30). We got the "receipt" from the minister and a copy, and back we went. Still ended up taking at least 4 months after that. It's been so long I'm actually not sure how long it took.
Back then I still thought our PR 189 was imminent, so it was stressing me out quite a bit.
Shows you how F'ed home affairs is when they say the minister never handed in the marriage registration document but on their system they can confirm your marriage status. So how did they learn of the marriage then, hey?

Chalk it up in the PRO's column in the emigration spreadsheet

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I received exactly the same last Friday. I'm now waiting for the full assessment.

Interestingly, family of my wife was asked to pay about R700 before they did the full assessment - this was last year. I confirmed with someone else who recently contacted New Zealand Shores that they paid the R700.

So you and I are free first up. I am wondering if it's because our CV's look REALLY good or something...
Got my full assessment this morning

They want nzd6800 for this service! Not counting any visa fees or documentation etc.

I don't know if this is worth it?

Last edited:

Corelli

My parents decided to move back to Cape Town from Aus. They said it seems that there is a property bubble crisis. Prices are low but most there are over indebted upto a point where the banks are giving loans similar to what happened in the US. Other than that a lot of mines are shutting down and crime has spiked due to the refugees that moved there to work in the mines and whom dont have a job anymore. Since then they have had numerous breakins and crime is actually worse there.

So Canada may be a better option.