Emigration: Australia & New Zealand

TooFastTim

Expert Member
Sydney is nice to visit but I wouldn’t live there even for $200k a year. Extremely congested and insanely expensive. I think the type of houses we’re looking at buying in Adelaide for $600k will cost $1m in Sydney.

Some people love that type of lifestyle though so it’s completely subjective...
Sydney people also have an attitude. Not unlike Jo'burgers. Think they're the dogs danglies. I had an experience with a mob who reckoned they were world experts in a field. Their cumulative experience in that field was zero but no way would they accept that they knew nothing.

TheGuy

Expert Member
I'm working for a big Software Company in Auckland at the moment. If anyone is looking, I might be able to forward your CV to the correct people. We also have lots of South Africans working here so sorting out a work Visa is usually not too big of an issue.

Looking for roughly the following skills sets:

.NET Developers
Android Developers
IOS Developers
Test Automation Engineers
etc.

Last edited:

F1ve_Claw

Expert Member
So we packed one Large box from Seven Seas. I think we could fit everything in two, could not believe how much stuff fits in them! Everything we had laid out thinking would fill the 4 boxes managed to fit into 1, and then we had to find some clothes to bulk it up a bit. Upside of living frugal lives for the last 5 years is that there is not much we have.

ryanrich

Funny enough I’ve never come across a snake in AUS, saw more in CPT.

Plenty of lizards around, blue tongues, awesome critters. Also huntsman spiders which are like SA rain spiders.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
So we packed one Large box from Seven Seas. I think we could fit everything in two, could not believe how much stuff fits in them! Everything we had laid out thinking would fill the 4 boxes managed to fit into 1, and then we had to find some clothes to bulk it up a bit. Upside of living frugal lives for the last 5 years is that there is not much we have.
You're lucky. We were dumb and brought all out kitchen stuff etc. and the GF packed all her clothes which she never wears; 17 boxes later. In hindsight we could have done 2 for all the sentimentals, 2 for clothes and 1 for my PC.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
I'm working for a big Software Company in Auckland at the moment. If anyone is looking, I might be able to forward your CV to the correct people. We also have lots of South Africans working here so sorting out a work Visa is usually not too big of an issue.

Looking for roughly the following skills sets:

.NET Developers
Android Developers
IOS Developers
Test Automation Engineers
etc.
I've got a buddy who wants to move over early next year on a work visa. Can you PM me your details and I'll get him to get in contact.

ryanrich

You're lucky. We were dumb and brought all out kitchen stuff etc. and the GF packed all her clothes which she never wears; 17 boxes later. In hindsight we could have done 2 for all the sentimentals, 2 for clothes and 1 for my PC.
Yeah, best bit of advice is to leave your crap in SA people. We brought over a large Move Cube with our essentials and sentimental items but bought new appliances and furniture this side.