Emigration: Australia & New Zealand

alloytoo

Honorary Master
Departed Joburg with my wife and 2 daughters ers (4 and 6) on Monday. Now waiting for our last flight to Auck from Bali.

Will arrive in Auck on Thursday morning (Nz time)

Had a shirt lay over in Dubai and last night a short sleepover here in Bali.

Tired and exhausted!

Welcome to Auckland.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
I periodically get emailed availably positions in our NZ company.

Here's the latest batch.

Job NumberJob TitleLocation
16968Project Financial AdvisorParnell
16244Design LeadPiritahi
16004Senior Transportation EngineerParnell
16264Senior Transportation DesignerParnell
16546Project ManagersPiritahi

All these jobs are based in Auckland though we have branches around the country.

Tell them MBS referred you.

This thread appears to have been rather busy lately, I've been in Auckland since '09 if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

ryanrich

TV's and some other electronics are generally cheaper here, my LG 55" 4K TV was $1500 and I saw it in SA for R20k. Washer / Dryer combo was quite expensive, fridge was a bit more than in SA as well yeah. I found furniture quite well priced, especially when earning dollars. Our new dining room table and a side table came to $1700 which took just 1 month of frugal spending to acquire, something that would have taken me longer to save for in SA if you think of spending R17000 willy nilly. If you spend wisely in AUS and budget a bit when needed you can live very decently.

Our Dyson Big Ball Animal Pro vacuum cleaner was obscenely expensive, lol, but works very well and almost our entire house is carpeted so well worth it. Don't think I could use another vacuum cleaner again.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
TV's and some other electronics are generally cheaper here, my LG 55" 4K TV was $1500 and I saw it in SA for R20k. Washer / Dryer combo was quite expensive, fridge was a bit more than in SA as well yeah. I found furniture quite well priced, especially when earning dollars. Our new dining room table and a side table came to $1700 which took just 1 month of frugal spending to acquire, something that would have taken me longer to save for in SA if you think of spending R17000 willy nilly. If you spend wisely in AUS and budget a bit when needed you can live very decently.

Our Dyson Big Ball Animal Pro vacuum cleaner was obscenely expensive, lol, but works very well and almost our entire house is carpeted so well worth it. Don't think I could use another vacuum cleaner again.
I've been told when you have to start cleaning yourself then you need to buy the best. You only then realise then what you've been putting your maid through with the sh¡tty Defy vacuum cleaner.

That being said, I have plans for an army of Roombas.

ryanrich

I've been told when you have to start cleaning yourself then you need to buy the best. You only then realise then what you've been putting your maid through with the sh¡tty Defy vacuum cleaner.

Haha, exactly!

The wife and I do a Sunday morning deep clean every week and the top notch vacuum helps big time. My little jack russell is like a living Roomba, she follows the kids around and picks up the masses of crumbs they leave in their wake.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Haha, exactly!

The wife and I do a Sunday morning deep clean every week and the top notch vacuum helps big time. My little jack russell is like a living Roomba, she follows the kids around and picks up the masses of crumbs they leave in their wake.
What do people without dogs do when food falls on the floor? :confused:

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
What do people without dogs do when food falls on the floor? :confused:
That's what the real roomba is for.

For the guys buying stuff, just a reminder you can also buy online from places like amazon as they either have a local presence in australia, or at least when they ship stuff it's not going to get massively delayed at customs and then disappear at the post office. Not ideal for everything, but its an option to consider.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Got me, er I mean my wife, a xiaomi robot vacuum in preparation for this.
Amazing little bit of kit.

GoB

Expert Member
Yea but if It's wet food it will get your entire house sticky.

So you'll have to stop giving your kids milk with their cereal for the first 8 years.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Yea but if It's wet food it will get your entire house sticky.

So you'll have to stop giving your kids milk with their cereal for the first 8 years.
There's that story about the robot vacuum cleaner that spread dog poo all over the house.

Like smeared it EVERYWHERE!