Emigration: Australia & New Zealand

pastry

Slightly?

1000 a week is 50k pa, I'm shooting for at least double that?
That would be before deductions?
You can use this tool to see what your take-home pay would be after deductions https://www.paye.net.nz/calculator/.
Also, if you want the option to apply for permanent residence on your on your work-to-residence accredited visa after your first 24 months, you'd want at least $90k pa. If you get less than that, you'll need to first go through 24 months of residence before you can apply for permanent residence.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
That would be before deductions?
You can use this tool to see what your take-home pay would be after deductions https://www.paye.net.nz/calculator/.
Also, if you want the option to apply for permanent residence on your on your work-to-residence accredited visa after your first 24 months, you'd want at least $90k pa. If you get less than that, you'll need to first go through 24 months of residence before you can apply for permanent residence.
I'm going smc not work to residence.

JacquesZA

She said the average weekly rent for a three bedroom house in Auckland is $550, despite the weekly wage being just $700-800.

Yeah nah I don't think that's the kind of wage I'm looking at. Hopefully.

2 hour interview/test done. Now to wait for an offer.
From what i have seen the last month ave weekly rent on a 3 bed on the shore is 650 to 750. Have a look at trade me

ryanrich

She said the average weekly rent for a three bedroom house in Auckland is $550, despite the weekly wage being just $700-800.

Yeah nah I don't think that's the kind of wage I'm looking at. Hopefully.

2 hour interview/test done. Now to wait for an offer.
Yeah you will be alright. Back in 2008 when I lived in Auckland I was earning $75k a year, that will be way higher now.

Education, medical and social services are definitely much better here in AUS but all depends on what you need.

creeper

Executive Member
Quick emigration question. Anyone know of a good tax expert that can help a person through the process to move one's pension to another country? Pretoria area is preferred

D1lb3rt

Quick emigration question. Anyone know of a good tax expert that can help a person through the process to move one's pension to another country? Pretoria area is preferred
I used a company called FinGlobal to assist with that.

JacquesZA

Chatted to the wife about the using a motorbike, no taxis, so an option
That was my idea too..

But lane splitting is not legal, super stick so you will sit in traffic. Also speed limit is religiously enforced and a fine to many and no citizenship.Last issue is parking, you pay through your bum for parking and unlike sa you cant just park on a sidewalk.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
That was my idea too..

But lane splitting is not legal, super stick so you will sit in traffic. Also speed limit is religiously enforced and a fine to many and no citizenship.Last issue is parking, you pay through your bum for parking and unlike sa you cant just park on a sidewalk.
Source for splitting? Seems ok to me

JacquesZA

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Therefore when traffic is stationary at the lights you can lane split on either side; if traffic is moving slowly on the motorway then you must only lane split to the right of a lane. Stick within 20kph or so of the speed of the other traffic otherwise you will likely be stopped and charged with careless driving or dangerous driving, both which carry a substantial fine.