Emigration: Australia & New Zealand

hedgehog

How the fck did you get a job? I am so sick of rejection emails
Just lucky. Also received a lot of rejection emails.

If I hadn't received an offer, I was prepared to go to NZ and stay 3 weeks applying, interviewing and networking. But to be honest, I was NOT looking forward to that, and I don't know if 3 weeks would be long enough.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
They are also in the South East but not as bad as the west. Still there is almost daily reports all over Melbourne of African youths stealing from shops, mugging kids on trains and at bus stops and getting into organised large groups to ruin events. If the police/judiciary don't get over their PC bullshit and start clamping down on the issues then it's going to become a massive issue.
I don't travel to the CBD much but been a few times last couple weeks on the train. No issues with African people but some hella dodge white teens looking like druggos and playing loud music on the train.

TooFastTim

Expert Member
If I hadn't received an offer, I was prepared to go to NZ and stay 3 weeks applying, interviewing and networking. But to be honest, I was NOT looking forward to that, and I don't know if 3 weeks would be long enough.
I did the same. Interview was taking ages to be organised. Mailed immigration and asked if I could do the interview in NZ and look for jobs at the same time. They said ok. Within a month I had PR.

clickingbuttons

I have an Aus citizen mate who is a big shot manager at the firm he works at.

He says I have a job If i can get there. I've somewhat figured out that an "Employer Sponsored" Visa is most likely my best shot at getting a visa but I can't seem to find the exact profession on the list of Australian Skilled Occupation List .

He's making me do all the work to do the research etc.

Does anybody have advice for me? Should I use a Visa consultant rather than the government website?

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I have an Aus citizen mate who is a big shot manager at the firm he works at.

He says I have a job If i can get there. I've somewhat figured out that an "Employer Sponsored" Visa is most likely my best shot at getting a visa but I can't seem to find the exact profession on the list of Australian Skilled Occupation List .

He's making me do all the work to do the research etc.

Does anybody have advice for me? Should I use a Visa consultant rather than the government website?
It definitely sounds like you should get a consultant.
I asked mine about employer sponsored visas, specifically for a possible job in Sydney, this was his reply:
There are a number of different employer sponsored visas available. The most common is the SC482 (temporary visa). This visa is being processed quickly at present (about 3 months from start to finish). The SC186 (permanent employer sponsored visa) take closer to 10 months.

Once you are employed in NSW for 12 months on the SC482 visa then you could seek sponsorship from NSW for the permanent SC190 visa.
What would you say your exact profession is?

"Having a job if you can get there" does not necessarily imply that they are willing to sponsor a visa though.

clickingbuttons

It definitely sounds like you should get a consultant.
I asked mine about employer sponsored visas, specifically for a possible job in Sydney, this was his reply:

What would you say your exact profession is?

"Having a job if you can get there" does not necessarily imply that they are willing to sponsor a visa though.
He's willing to do whatever he needs to do. It's a skilled profession in the construction industry. I have asked him outright if he is willing to sponsor and he said yes.

He wants me to lay it all out for him and basically so that all he has to do is sign on the dotted line of whatever paperwork he needs to sign or approve whatever payments he needs to make.

I know it sounds incredibly lazy on his part, but it is what it is. I will find a consultant in this case. Can you reccomend any?

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Did you tell Qantas you're emigrating and ask what the excess would cost?
You get extra weight with premium economy (and a nicer seat to boot).

Anyway, we have to be in Brisbane by 1 June. So cheers y'all. Good luck to everyone on their way, and those who will be joining us shortly!

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
He's willing to do whatever he needs to do. It's a skilled profession in the construction industry. I have asked him outright if he is willing to sponsor and he said yes.

He wants me to lay it all out for him and basically so that all he has to do is sign on the dotted line of whatever paperwork he needs to sign or approve whatever payments he needs to make.

I know it sounds incredibly lazy on his part, but it is what it is. I will find a consultant in this case. Can you reccomend any?
I think it's actually quite fair. You stand to gain a lot more from this than he does, and to get the process started he will probably have to do quite a bit of work.

I'm using Stephen Dickson from http://www.migrateaus.com.au/

He is active on the SAAustralia forums, and is Mara registered. With the amount of money agents charge and the proliferation of scammers, it is important to do your homework to ensure you get a legit one.

I know two other people who are using him, one of which who says he is much better than her previous agent. She is also going across with a business who is sponsoring someone for the first time.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
I don't travel to the CBD much but been a few times last couple weeks on the train. No issues with African people but some hella dodge white teens looking like druggos and playing loud music on the train.
Don't get me wrong there people of all colours making issues everywhere, that's the nature of the beast. It's just there has been an upserge of African youth creating issues lately which has been in the spotlight. I live in Cranbourne and there has been far more black on white crime lately too that is being reported daily.

RandomGeek

You get extra weight with premium economy (and a nicer seat to boot).

Anyway, we have to be in Brisbane by 1 June. So cheers y'all. Good luck to everyone on their way, and those who will be joining us shortly!
Looked at the cost difference between Economy and Premium Economy. Tickets are nearly double but baggage allowance goes from 30kg to 40kg. So it depends how much you need that extra 10kgs I guess. Nicer seats are great but that price difference...

Maybe Premium Economy for me and the wife and regular Economy for the kids...that will teach them to misbehave :laugh:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Nice man

I'd bet it's the minority who get work while not being in the country. I was lucky in that sense, but I'd say 80% of my friends who came over only got their interviews/jobs when they were here. It shows the company that you're serious about it.

The amount of applications companies get from overseas is insane, so they weed through it very quickly if it seems like more effort than its worth. And if they've got applicants from within NZ it makes their jobs a lot easier.

My experience with CVs and cover letters is that they should be drafted to very directly and specifically indicate how you meet the requirements as set out in the position description. They don't have time to read between the lines if they've got (potentially) hundreds of applications.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
I'd bet it's the minority who get work while not being in the country. I was lucky in that sense, but I'd say 80% of my friends who came over only got their interviews/jobs when they were here. It shows the company that you're serious about it.

The amount of applications companies get from overseas is insane, so they weed through it very quickly if it seems like more effort than its worth. And if they've got applicants from within NZ it makes their jobs a lot easier.

My experience with CVs and cover letters is that they should be drafted to very directly and specifically indicate how you meet the requirements as set out in the position description. They don't have time to read between the lines if they've got (potentially) hundreds of applications.
All of this is correct. Turns out I'm extremely employable here. After I landed I got a job the next day after my first interview. Even the last time I was in the market for a job I got 3 offers off 3 interviews in the same day. The kicker was that even though companies were interested in my skills while I was in SA they just didn't care. The fact that I wasn't there in the country was a problem for them. This obviously isn't true for every company out there and perhaps I missed out on applying to those that are more lenient. There are some people that get jobs before moving but just looking at the general experience of people on immigration groups the usual advice is that you have to come over and then start looking for work. Yes, it's daunting and yes, for some it doesn't work out but that's the risk you have to take sometimes.

GoB

Expert Member
Even the last time I was in the market for a job I got 3 offers off 3 interviews in the same day.
Did you max out Charisma? :D

I don't know when I'm going yet, so for now I'm just checking where I might get a job... there are some outside CBD's. Maybe if someone offers a sweet relocation then I'll go early.

w@nted

Nice man

This. I am at an all time low i.t.o job applications. The last one specifically was a perfect fit for my experience. I have not even managed to secure an interview for any of the applications. Just rejection emails.

MrJacques

The new budget has raised the foreign income cap from 1 Million ZAR to 1.25 Million:

It seems like there might be changes coming to financial emigration as well:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This is not good.

A2NZ Immigration Ltd

· 4 hrs ·

SIGNIFICANT Visa Processing Delays:

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) have just released a statement there will be significant delays with the processing of WORK VISAs due to the reallocation of internal staff.

Due to the Convid-19 outbreak, INZ Beijing's offices has been closed. This affects 130 visa-processing staff where applications have been re-allocated to other branches. As a result, staff from the work visa teams have been allocated to to deal with the Beijing backlog.

Work Visa processing timeframes will now take between 4-6 months to process.

If your work visa is expiring soon, we strongly urge you to ACT and APPLY NOW to manage the excessive processing timeframes.
Interim visas are only valid for 6 months and we have seen INZ make decisions past these dates which could leave you in a complicated situation.

Well, companies aren't gonna wait that long. Just gonna have to postpone plans :(