eNCA journalists robbed at gunpoint in Khayelitsha

schumi

Honorary Master
eNCA journalist Monique Mortlock and camera operator Asanda Javu were robbed at gunpoint in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, on Wednesday.

"Reporter Monique Mortlock and camera operator Asanda Javu were in Khayelitsha, reporting on the lack of service delivery in the area," eNCA reported on its website.

Their camera kit and cellphones were taken.

To add to their trauma, Mortlock tweeted they were asked to go to a different police station to report the attack, but were eventually assisted at the first one they visited.

Their earlier reportage had shown potholes and sewage in some streets as they moved from suburb to suburb to highlight the growing problem.

More at: https://www.news24.com/news24/south...ts-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-khayelitsha-20210407

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Is that a street in the City of Cape Town? I thought it was Joburg that is in a state of disrepair?

Service delivery aside, it is not easy to sustain maintenance in some places. People get attacked there; work crews get robbed… and then suddenly you have a service delivery protest.

Criminals also use the current circumstances to their advantage. Policing is also needed.

No excuses, but it isn't the best given conditions to provide services in. The conditions need to improve.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Go and troll somewhere else.
The fact that they were robbed does should not in any way distract from the reason they were there in the first place,
Their earlier reportage had shown potholes and sewage in some streets as they moved from suburb to suburb to highlight the growing problem.

How am I being a troll? Sure I am touching your on your DA CoCT service delivery studio, but trolling?

Kahle BBSA...

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
The fact that they were robbed does should not in any way distract from the reason they were there in the first place,

How am I being a troll? Sure I am touching your on your DA CoCT service delivery studio, but trolling?

Kahle BBSA...

You'll probably find that there was in fact infrastructure, and it got destroyed or stolen.

BBSA

Honorary Master

Kahle BBSA...
You not touching anything, comrade.

If you want to compare service delivery between metros go and find credibility audit reports. See one pothole and start your wathaboutshim is a sign of desperation.

No run along and find some credibility reports so we can compare service delivery between the two metros.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
What's the problem here? Looks like "Decolonization loading..." and the people aren't quite ready for the rest of the country to share in the glory of their achievement.

GrootVoet

What's the problem here? Looks like "Decolonization loading..." and the people aren't quite ready for the rest of the country to share in the glory of their achievement.
Totally agree, the PEOPLE are only decolonizing what's theirs ... Africa don't need tar roads, its a European thing.

dj2381

Expert Member

Kahle BBSA...
Where's the ANC ward councilor for the area?, he should have a chat to his masters and help sort the issue out.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master

Kahle BBSA...

I have to admit that the B'bond has a point here, whenever the city goes in there to fix things they are robbed and hurt. There was a story on FB the other day of contractors coming to fix the crap running through the streets and some kids robbed them, killing one. You can't expect the city to send in people to fix the service delivery issues if the community can't keep the contractors safe, or if the community can't at least identify the culprits when things goes to ****.

dj2381

Expert Member
Kahle wena? Since when does it work like that?
I don't know, I thought the SAPS were responsible for arresting criminals, it is after all a safety issue for the Coct workers isn't it? He is ANC he must speak to his masters and get the SAPS to do their jobs.