End of "All You Can Eat" 30GB R680 p/m offer

deepthroat

Just received the following email ...

Dear "All You Can Eat" client,

When we launched the "All You Can Eat" Internet account at the end of February 2005, we could have never imagined the overwhelming response that it would get. The last 14 months have been the most amazing time for us and so it is with much sadness that we announce that we will not be able to continue with our famous "All You Can Eat" 30GB accounts after 31 May 2006.

Our current wholesale agreement with our service provider comes to a natural end in May and we have to enter into a new agreement. We remain proud of the way we refused to introduce any price increases midway through the term of the wholesale agreement and for doing everything that we could to continue to offer our customers the best internet deals for as long as possible.

All other services (except for the 30GB accounts) will continue, including:

3GB ADSL account for R230 p/m
10GB ADSL account for R580 p/m

We continue to look for the best deals out there to bring to our clients and you can expect to be advised of some exciting new developments in the coming months ahead.

Yours truly,

The DOTCO "All You Can Eat" team

RolandD

Sad news indeed, never had anything but excellent service from their support team. Had my ADSL disconnected (well actually still trying to) this month because I moved but I won't get ADSL again until prices are at least in that range (R680/30GB) again.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
wow, that is really bad news...

1st IS start hardcapping, then telkom 'correct' line speeds and now this :( where to from here? I mean, what next?!

Gambit

Expert Member
This is really bad news :mad:. What is the least amount of gigs people have gotten in a month from their Telkom internet 3 gig accounts since they started pooling the unused gigs?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Gambit said:
This is really bad news :mad:. What is the least amount of gigs people have gotten in a month from their Telkom internet 3 gig accounts since they started pooling the unused gigs?
Varies between as low as 6-7 and 20+.

swordfish1

Expert Member
bloody telkom!!!!!!!!

lets go on riot at their head office and throw eggs at the f**ing telkom ceo arshole

Floruroruro

Yes this is bull****. Probably the only country in the world were the price of broadband is increasing. And not just by little.

Telkom can go **** themselves.

LethalChicken

Expert Member
well this was comming, since AYCE didn't win their case with telkom , they are cut down to size along with the other ISPs

tibby.dude

Executive Member
BlobNow said:
well this was comming, since AYCE didn't win their case with telkom , they are cut down to size along with the other ISPs
And for their sake I hope they switch to IS ... they might just find strange problems only happening to them ;).

s2000

fxxk... what can we do now? suxking telkom...
What is other cheap isp and good one can switch to?

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
So what relevance does the court case have now? There contract has legally expired so if AYCE can clarify this situation, it would be great! :)

TheYak

It's ridiculous. Telkom are screwing this country over SO badly! How the hell do they sleep at night? Oh! I know! In their big, cosey mansions! BASTARDS!

BTTB

Lesson to be learnt.

From what I can make out there is a market in South Africa for ADSL users who need 30Gb or more of data transfer.
The recent Polls on the front page of MyADSL indicate this fact.

As AYCE's agreement with Telkom comes to an end, is Telkom going to fill the gap in the market with new products other than their infernal 3GB accounts and at a reasonable price?
Telkom may have employed a soft cap on their 3Gb accounts, but the public cannot take Telkom's "good nature" on face value.
They can change the game at any stage like they have done in the past.
Many customers need assurance that they can use 30Gb or more for whatever reasons and AYCE was filling this void.
Noddy badge to AYCE!
As it is R680 for a 30Gb account was already squeezing everybody's wallet.
30Gb now is going to cost an arm and a leg?

I don't hear anything positive from Telkom about this issue and it is quite disconcerting that once again and as always profit is ahead of customers needs.
It is high time that Telkom got off their high horse and started to listen to what the customer is saying.
Telkom knows what needs to be done.
They just need to get on with it now already. Dammit.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Funny, I was thinking yesterday about the Dotco vs Telkom case...

I'm also saddened to see this happening.

In the short term Telkom is making excellent profits, but this strategy will NOT work for them in the long term as they are alienating their customer base. As any savvy businessman will tell you, a good and loyal customer base is the main asset of any size business, NOT its shareholders. If you take care of the customers, deliver excellent service, and makes things good for the customers, then they will support you even though there may be a slightly cheaper product out there.

Next year the cake will be definitely smaller (less income) due to many customers dropping telkom. What will happen then?

Gah. I'm finished with telkom, going over to iBurst. I'm not interested in their lies anymore.

Regards

TU

Gabbahead

Damnit, I was just looking at this. Last month my bandwidth alone cost me over R 3000. This month its a more 'tolerable' R1500 (excl. Telkom's R900 rental) - and this didn't even involve heavy-handed downloading. My ISP can't give me decent bandwidth reports, though I'm tired of hearing this is a Telkom issue. Ever since I've started paying the equivalent of a small car lone for bandwidth, I really don't care what ISPs tell me anymore. My borker makes less from me and he gives me details on where my money goes.

At least, now, stuff like Datapro and co. look much more viable. Alas, not very affordable.