eNews launches on DStv

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Watched some of this last night. Thought it was pretty decent. Nice to have local news 24/7 and not just Sky/BBC/CNN etc.

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Only in SA do we have billboards advertising the news... man our TV here sucks. Nice to have, but billboards? There are three all in a row at our local mall... all exactly the same too... eish.

Techyon

I was watching it this morning. very good though some of their video quality is a bit off on the international reports though i believe they are going to get better

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Watched it this morning - not bad. There are some areas where they should improve, but on the whole a good start and a welcome addition to DSTV.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Watched it this morning - not bad. There are some areas where they should improve, but on the whole a good start and a welcome addition to DSTV.
It cetainly looked better and more professional than the normal e News. The eNews morning show sucks :eek:

Calico182

Expert Member
thought it was pretty funny watching the american weatherman pronouncing the various towns/regions, then saw that the enews channel even has a little skit of him being taught the pronunciations - cool that e have a sense of humour like that :)

glad that enews has a 24 hour channel - SA needed it - and happy that it was e and not sabc news.

Borg

Not a bad start for them.

They could definitely improve the video quality though. The video inserts shows a lot of compression artefacts and some of the text on the headline screens between shows gets cut off mid-sentence.

devnull

all i saw yesterday was adverts about it starting. no actual news. hopefully they do put cameras on the ground and start covering crime in sa. hopefully it will put some pressure on the fat cats to do something

Natas

Expert Member
I watched a few seconds last night. Content not bad but the presenters etc can do wiht a little improvement. The dude I saw was a little nervous when reading etc.

BUT I hope that Etv news will stir **** up. The only other SA news you can get is through the S ANC BC and we all know that they are just a mouth piece for the idiots who pretend to run the country. Hopefully we will now start to see some proper news flaoting around?!?!

milomak

Honorary Master
at least one won't have to wait till a certain time to catch the news

Alan

Honorary Master
Enews with Debra Patta as editor in chief :eek:. There goes any sort of objectivity out the window. So we got around 6 channels all sprouting the same international 'news'. Can't they just keep it simple and use one channel. Going for the illusion of 'diversity' :rolleyes:

elysian

I just went to watch a few minutes to see what it's like - and it's not bad. There were a few little glitches, like cutting to the ad break graphics while the presenter/newsreader was still speaking and a problem with the sound, but that'll improve.

As they obviously have more time than prime time news - the inserts are longer, with more details/interviews, and I thought the few that I saw were put together very well.

Thumbs up so far.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
thought it was pretty funny watching the american weatherman pronouncing the various towns/regions, then saw that the enews channel even has a little skit of him being taught the pronunciations - cool that e have a sense of humour like that :)

glad that enews has a 24 hour channel - SA needed it - and happy that it was e and not sabc news.
Why do they have a Yank doing the weather? CNN always has some clown doing the weather like that Italian guy, but now ETV?

Calico182

Expert Member
yea, it is unusual - especially since the press releases etc seem to be emphasising the local team and crew

Ivork

Expert Member
Pity thats its not free to air though!
+1

For all their "Be Free with E" mumbo jumbo - no FTA or public boquet etc - must pay MC a fortune to view......:rolleyes: Oh well, will have to stick with france24