England Cricket Tour to South Africa 2019/20 Dec 2019 – Feb 2020

3WA

Executive Member
Also not sure where Klassen and Rassie fit in considering Faf is guaranteed a place and so is AB if he come back. At least we have some depth with those 2
AB is 36 years old and he just averaged 24 in the Big Bash. If he's serious about the World Cup, he damn well better get some international match time beforehand so we can see if he’s still got it.

Drifter

Honorary Master
I was hoping Ngidi would throw in a bouncer or 2 against Morgan..... Not sure if it would have worked. 150 kph short delivery may just surprise.
They broke Ngidi in the 2nd game, he was totally shell shocked in the 3rd and bowled like shite.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
My dad doesn't really follow cricket and even he was asking me why we persisted with bowling short and slow when Morgan was pulversing us. Most of them outside off stump so you are just asking to get twatted in to row 'z'.

stefan9

Executive Member
Yorkers were nowhere to be seen. Poor bowling display.

Batting was good but a bit slow in the middle, miller took too long to get going.

Rabobi

Executive Member
We dont have death bowlers. Ngidi sent two juicy legstump full tosses to morgan. That was a killer for our chances at the end

Polymathic

Honorary Master
We dont have death bowlers. Ngidi sent two juicy legstump full tosses to morgan. That was a killer for our chances at the end
Andile was pretty decent bowling at the death when defending a total last year when the pressure was one but an absolute disaster bowling at the death when a side is setting.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Glare of the sun notwithstanding a pr of Police™ sunglasses...Pretorius's 2 dropped catches were the final death nail.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Its not so bad guys, its T20, anything can happen and no one will remember it. At least all the games were close and we werent blown out of the water.

Also, no Rabada and Faf in this team. Possibly also "he who must not be named".
It looks a different prospect with those names in the line up.

The late Bob Woolmer used to say that a great ODI team has 9 batsman and 7 bowlers. That was back in the 99 world cup.
It may not be the case for ODI cricket any longer but it is definitely the holy grail for T20.

England have that make up, we need to find it too if we want to be successful in this format.

Cius

Executive Member
Honestly not that disappointed with the way the England series went. From the low base we were coming off of from late last year it was a real possibility that we would be fully whitewashed. Instead we won some games and even the ones we lost we were in the game and made it at least somewhat close. SA cricket will not recover overnight but honestly this series was a step up and hopefully that will continue into the Australia series. There is new leadership at the helm, a lot to fix, but some real signs of green shoots emerging so hopefully in a year or two we will see a new and competitive side that takes on the world.

Nibiru

Would you have made this statement after Ngidi's death bowling in the first game? They needed just 7 of the last over and he took 2 wickets and secured us the match.

He just came back from injury and I agree was very poor in the last game.

They need some time to gel under new coaching and leadership. New combos and lack of experience.

the 2 x t20s Steyn played, they finished his overs at 15 over mark, each time when we really needed wickets. He didnt get the wickets and we lose Steyn at the death. I think this was a big mistake.

Pretorius is not impressive. He has never been.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Would you have made this statement after Ngidi's death bowling in the first game? They needed just 7 of the last over and he took 2 wickets and secured us the match.

He just came back from injury and I agree was very poor in the last game.

They need some time to gel under new coaching and leadership. New combos and lack of experience.

the 2 x t20s Steyn played, they finished his overs at 15 over mark, each time when we really needed wickets. He didnt get the wickets and we lose Steyn at the death. I think this was a big mistake.

Pretorius is not impressive. He has never been.
Ur best bowler should bowl at the death. Dont see why steyn didn't with all his exp