EOH CEO explains why staff take a salary hit while execs score millions

krycor

Honorary Master
Yah efficiencies, that’s what u pay management people for.. if they believe they over staffed, sure.. let go staff along the way. But leaving it till things hit the fan means there isn’t active management but reactive and then you can do so with less management staff too

RedViking

Nord of the South
Lets see how well the business runs without employees doing the work that clients pay for.
That sword cuts both ways. If you have crap management or crap staff, the business is headed one way
Well, they could probably cut their work force and implement their technologies better than stopping salary increases. Fewer employees, slight increase in salaries. More money for solutions.

But then the other employees are going to strike because they are now without jobs.

Again, even if the CEO's don't get those MASSIVE bonusses. They most probably still wouldn't be able to sustain increase in salaries in a junk economy.

Structural change is the other solution then.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Lets see how well the business runs without employees doing the work that clients pay for.
That sword cuts both ways. If you have crap management or crap staff, the business is headed one way
One or 2 other top IT companies going that route swiftly.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Well, they could probably cut their work force and implement their technologies better than stopping salary increases. Fewer employees, slight increase in salaries. More money for solutions.

But then the other employees are going to strike because they are now without jobs.

Again, even if the CEO's don't get those MASSIVE bonusses. They most probably still wouldn't be able to sustain increase in salaries in a junk economy.

Structural change is the other solution then.
You can't really strike if you are salaried staff or represented by a union. If you do, you're going to get fired very quickly. Protest, maybe.

krycor

Honorary Master
@krycor - you actually bring up a valid point here.

What's ironic is that all of EOH's problems and illegal activities have happened at the management level.

So right now management is "punishing" the work force because of managements inability to run a clean business. Yet rewarding themselves generously. When does management take accountability for the problems they have created for themselves?

If I recall right they, like Steinhoff, have a group of companies. Don’t remember much of the EOH thing other than them finding something and fixing it with guilty parties leaving.

Uhm.. staff take a hit(company business projections wrong etc so you’d have to) but I don’t agree with the bonuses nor continuing with same amount of management of the staff base is shrinking. Is it a rational amount of staff to management? Or were they under managed to begin with?

The Darkness

Expert Member
No employees no company no money no bonuses. And it's more true for EOH as their assets are human capital. They may try to replace the employees but they'd be lost by the time they spin up a new set of people.
I thought the sarcasm in my post came through with the Harry & Paul clip below. I completely concur. This situation is ludicrous. Just the same as the ANC 'government' who paid themselves nice fat salaries through lockdowns while the rest starve.

cda

I've worked with EOH people, if anything they're already overpaid.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Don't forget the 3/4 month salary cut of 20% that you also took.

True, in reality we did get paid out from TERs which made up the shortfall for the most part. Although EOH likes to say that in an effort to quell questions during review time last year, the fact of the matter it wasn't EOHs money and the TERs payouts should not have been used as an excuse to support their position.

Duke of Hazard

Can't see how you can even justify a bonus of that magnitude, especially when things are the way they are in the World. I'm all for a bonus, good work should be rewarded as such, but one that is in the millions? Why not a 14th cheque? No matter what you're earning, that is still a good bonus.

When things return to the new normal in a few years you can continue with the outrageous bonuses.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
i am ok with them getting their bonuses.........they kept the company afloat and simply deferred increases, they gave 13th cheques to staff.............when no one else got bonuses they got 13th cheques...........id' stfu if i was an EOH employee.................you guys got it good.
This guy obviously has inside info :ROFL: