EOH CEO Stephen van Coller has done an excellent job, it is time for management to believe

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
EOH CEO Stephen van Coller has done an excellent job, it is time for management to believe

EOH Group CEO Stephen van Coller has done a phenomenal job to turn the company around, but until its management starts to believe, the market won’t.

This is the view of some of South Africa’s top portfolio managers who were commenting on the company’s latest financial results.

EOH’s results for the six months to 31 January 2021 showed an operating profit of R59 million – a big improvement over the R915 million loss in the prior period.

ubercal

Expert Member

EOH Group CEO Stephen van Coller has done a phenomenal job to turn the company around, but until its management starts to believe, the market won’t.

This is the view of some of South Africa’s top portfolio managers who were commenting on the company’s latest financial results.

EOH’s results for the six months to 31 January 2021 showed an operating profit of R59 million – a big improvement over the R915 million loss in the prior period.
:rolleyes::oops::whistling::X3::sleep::ROFL:

mybb needs those paid adverts to keep the ship afloat

R13...

Honorary Master
I bet you these guys could even turn around SAA.
Not under the conditions government forces on CEO's at SOEs. It's not lack of ability that's keeping the entities from working, it is the political issues and ideologies the ANC hold onto.

Utterly Confused

Not under the conditions government forces on CEO's at SOEs. It's not lack of ability that's keeping the entities from working, it is the political issues and ideologies the ANC hold onto.
Yip! fully agree. Where the cANCer poke their hasty little fingers in is a F.uck up

rpm

Admin
Staff member
:rolleyes::oops::whistling::X3::sleep::ROFL:

mybb needs those paid adverts to keep the ship afloat
Did you read the article? If so, which parts in the article would you describe as overly flattering or inaccurate?

EADC

Executive Member
we know staff writer is partial to CEO's so not really news.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I did read the article yes. I always try and read an article before I comment.
Can you point to the parts in the article which you feel are overly flattering or inaccurate? Especially when it comes to MyBroadband's opinion?

R13...

Honorary Master
I did read the article yes. I always try and read an article before I comment.
I know you didn't say partner content like the others but the opinion and heading seem to come from the analysts quoted in the article.

EADC

Executive Member
Can you point to the parts in the article which you feel are overly flattering or inaccurate? Especially when it comes to MyBroadband's opinion?

I am going to plead the fifth for fear of incriminating myself.

skimread

Honorary Master
EOH doing great?

Because of them there will be strike action by various black organisations

Azg

Expert Member
Did you read the article? If so, which parts in the article would you describe as overly flattering or inaccurate?
From the article: 2 years of retrenchment and asset sales, and more damningly the people closest to the action (the company's management) do not appear to believe the company is improving - I think those three make it seem like the headline is overly flattering or inaccurate.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Yoh dude, I think it was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Settle down there.

grok

Honorary Master
“Institutional investors have a very long memory, so I can’t see institutions starting to invest in EOH yet,” he said.
Not just institutional investors mind you.

Here, let me help..

Corruption almost killed EOH

CAPE TOWN - A NUMBER of rogue and corrupt former EOH Holdings employees and directors almost destroyed an entire group through tender fraud with state organisations such as the SA National Defence Force and the Department of Water and Sanitation.

He said that of about R1.2bn of suspect payments found to have been made at EOH during the period of these contracts, about R700 million was for no work done, and about R160m for “dubious” work done.
So Stephen, do you really think we should just forget how EOH conspired with corrupt government opfficials to steal our (taxpayer) money?