Eric Clapton "This Has Gotta Stop"

Arthur

Honorary Master
Noted scientist Eric Clapton weighs in.

I wonder what his antidote would be?
What a silly snarky reply. You must be in incredibly naive to think the only issue at stake is biological health.

I know it's escaped your attention, but for a rapidly growing number of millions around the world there is profound concern about the eclipse of freedom and the erosion of civil liberties. That is the light in which Mr Clapton's little song should be seen.

RanzB

Honorary Master
What a silly snarky reply.

Sorry, I didn't realise a magnum opus was needed as a reply to the genius that is Eric Clapton.

Do you take all his musings seriously Arthur? Or do you just cherry pick as per usual? How about this gem:
1630079875730.png

Keen to endorse that one too?

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Sorry, I didn't realise a magnum opus was needed as a reply to the genius that is Eric Clapton.

Do you take all his musings seriously Arthur? Or do you just cherry pick as per usual? How about this gem:
View attachment 1135538

Keen to endorse that one too?

Interesting concept to quote peoples dumb stuff they did and said in the 70s to try and discredit a opinion against authoritarianism.

I mean Joe Biden didn't want to desegregate schools because he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle". Hillary was against homosexuals being married. You can go on for a while about how stupid people where and how misinformed they where in the 60's 70's and 80's.

Also Eric Clapton is a musician making a political statement. Not a scientist making a scientific statement.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Negativity (Stuff like authoritarianism, shaming, calling people stupid and fighting) will never influence people. The only way to get the majority of the population vaccinated is to be positive about it. Explain the situation and actually listen too the concerns.

I don't know how politicians who's calling for mandatory action actually got into the positions they're in since they really appear to be quite socially inept.

The price of freedom is death

OK?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Interesting concept to quote peoples dumb stuff they did and said in the 70s to try and discredit a opinion against authoritarianism.

I mean Joe Biden didn't want to desegregate schools because he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle". Hillary was against homosexuals being married. You can go on for a while about how stupid people where and how misinformed they where in the 60's 70's and 80's.

Also Eric Clapton is a musician making a political statement. Not a scientist making a scientific statement.

Why doesn't he rather stick to music? Nobody gave him a political mandate. Reminds me of that other musician acting as an unelected politician - Bono.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Part of the fightback for freedom from the Covidians, Eric Clapton has just released "This Has Gotta Stop".

Musically, it starts off with good old faithful hard rock, from 15-30s has an interesting Steely Danish jazz-fusion snippet, then descends into the bluesy doldrums, where it stays for the remainder. Especially if you listen to the lyrics.