Ericsson to start production in the United States

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Ericsson to start production in the United States

Sweden’s Ericsson AB will start U.S. manufacturing this year, a production shift that gets the wireless network supplier closer to customers and also may mitigate the impacts of President Donald Trump’s global trade disputes.

Chief Executive Officer Borje Ekholm said Jabil Inc. will produce Ericsson’s mobile network gear in the final quarter of 2018, when the Swedish company will also decide whether to build its own U.S. production capacity or continue relying on the St. Petersburg, Florida-based manufacturing services company.

[Bloomberg]

BlackMamba

Expert Member
I remember when erricsson use to complete with Nokia and Motorola..... Ericsson T10 loved that flip phone

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I remember when erricsson use to complete with Nokia and Motorola..... Ericsson T10 loved that flip phone
They are referring to the infrastructure side of the market in this case where they are still a big player but not the dominant party they used to be.

Huawei kicking their ass in that regard and even Nokia to some degree.

I think their saving grace has kind of been ZTE being kicked out of the US.

genetic

Honorary Master
Ericsson manufacture mobile network infrastructure now - not phones, and haven't done since Sony took control way back in 2001 already.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Ericsson manufacture mobile network infrastructure now - not phones, and haven't done since Sony took control way back in 2001 already.
Well they always did.

The phones were a temporary sideline.