Eskom’s municipal debtors to double this winter

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Allllllllll apartheid's fault see?
In this instance we can blame the ANC simply continuing apartheid economic policies and taking it up a notch:
so now not only are municipalities walloping on a massively inefficient tax on electricity - the price difference between wholesale charge from Eskom and the price charged to consumers - but they are also not paying Eskom for the tea which they are pillaging on.

It is a great pity that you cannot treat electricity like tea and go and have a big party.

LaraC

Honorary Master
What is it with the Government and breaking contracts.

It costs the State millions in litigation and penalties for breach of contract when they are unsuccessful in defending their case.

From the article it would appear as if the previous contractor had a working solution to pay the debt and improve the infrastructure.

MKFrost

Expert Member
On the one hand I hope that power to these municipalities are cut. Hopefully that will give some of the residents a wake-up call in regards to whom to vote for during the upcoming municipal by-elections but I guess this is wishful thinking as they will all once again vote for the very same people who are running things into the ground at present.

Some days I wonder if there are any other countries where the government is just as incapable of doing the most basic of things. I really think we are a leading example of incompetence.

Also, since when is Harrismith halfway between Gauteng and Cape Town...?

reactor_sa

Executive Member
On the one hand I hope that power to these municipalities are cut. Hopefully that will give some of the residents a wake-up call in regards to whom to vote for during the upcoming municipal by-elections but I guess this is wishful thinking as they will all once again vote for the very same people who are running things into the ground at present.

Some days I wonder if there are any other countries where the government is just as incapable of doing the most basic of things. I really think we are a leading example of incompetence.

Also, since when is Harrismith halfway between Gauteng and Cape Town...?
Since cape town and durbs became neighbours :p