Eskom ‘unlikely’ to recoup missing R5 billion from erroneous payment

John Tempus

Expert Member
If you cant recoup it then drag people to court.

Over paying by "accident" and the receiver just accepting it and spending it is no different to theft.

If someone EFT me millions accidentally and I go out and blow the funds they can quite easily sue me for using funds not designated to me.

Messugga

Honorary Master
If you cant recoup it then drag people to court.

Over paying by "accident" and the receiver just accepting it and spending it is no different to theft.

If someone EFT me millions accidentally and I go out and blow the funds they can quite easily sue me for using funds not designated to me.
Did you read the article?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
So let the courts decide.........................mmmmmm which could also end up bad with the current situation.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
So its in Business Rescue.
Money does not just disappear. It has to go somewhere.
And 5 Billion is a lot. Follow the money, find the money.Unleash the Lawyers.

Mekon

< Cue X-files theme music > Tegeta Resources & Explorations, where have I heard that name before?
If Eskom and it's suppliers were a TV show it would be like Oprah and her audience.
Over payment for you, Over payment for you, Over payment for you, Over payment for everyone!!!!!

Last edited:

Jase

Executive Member
< Cue X-files theme music > Tegeta Resources & Explorations, where have I heard that name before.
If Eskom and it's suppliers were a TV show it would be like Oprah and her audience.
Over payment for you, Over payment for you, Over payment for you, Over payment for everyone!!!!!
Oakbay Investments comes to mind ...

EADC

Executive Member
Oh man Eskom I really don't know anymore crazy **** that just makes you shake your head

Pegasus

Expert Member
< Cue X-files theme music > Tegeta Resources & Explorations, where have I heard that name before?

No need for x-files music.
JOHANNESBURG - Gupta-owned Tegeta has threatened to shut down coal supply to Eskom just as the power utility discovered that thousands of tons of coal have gone missing.

In an amaBhungane exclusive, leaked minutes of an Eskom meeting on Friday reveal that the power utility retaliated by threatening legal action.

Tegeta - owned by the Gupta's, Trillian founder Salim Essa and the president's son Duduzane Zuma - wanted Eskom to increase the amount it pays for coal.

grok

Honorary Master
How absolutely monumentally mindbogglingly dumb must you be to make a R5billion erroneous payment?

Oh wait, unkle Gupta is going to pay us back a percentage, and our managers are as corrupt so so lets **** the company over, whoop whoop!

Mekon

No need for x-files music.
I doubt the pig turd Gupta's will ever face any justice. Hopefully they piss off the wrong people while hiding out in Dubai like the rodents they are and become part of a new skyscrapers foundation.

Pegasus

Expert Member
I doubt the pig turd Gupta's will ever face any justice. Hopefully they piss off the wrong people while hiding out in Dubai like the rodents they are and become part of a new skyscrapers foundation.
Well they won't face justice if they and the Zuma's are hero's of the nation.

skimread

Executive Member
R100 missing from the till then all hell breaks loose. R5 billion. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it.

surface

Executive Member
Yeah - eskom thinks recovery is unlikely and Tegeta would now be forced to pay. Nice strategy. Why not say 'We are likely to receive 25 rands from Tegeta' to really show up their hand?

We think that based on the available money it will be unlikely be that we will realise the full R5 billion and we will probably receive a significantly smaller amount than that

lived666

Executive Member
So its in Business Rescue.
Money does not just disappear. It has to go somewhere.
And 5 Billion is a lot. Follow the money, find the money.Unleash the Lawyers.
The same way they followed the VBS looting where all the people involved have been named including the modus operandi and how many have been taking to court................a bit fat 0