Eskom announces Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
The generator is primed and loaded for load shedding. It has no problem running my aircon and coffee machine.

Also received my paperback books from TAL today - so now I'm sorted ;)

wingnut771

Honorary Master
WTF!!!!!

Eskom has a nominal generating capacity of 46 000 MWatt. According to the article they lost 20 258 MW, a staggering 44%! The mind boggles at the incompetence!
Apparently it's 51000MW.

Peon

Expert Member
I check the cats are all still sleeping on the bed, I reckon they got the right idea with this cloudy overcast weather.

fragtion

Expert Member
The biggest irony is that the people who are actually supposed to feel this incompetence first-hand so they can change their vote (rural and informal settlements) probably already had no electricity to begin with, so they won't even notice what's going on

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
The Steenbras pumped storage scheme can only supply full power for a few hours, or half power for daylight hours, never 24/7. For planning purposes assume Stage 4, unless otherwise notified.

I was in the first group of school kids to see the Palmiet (incorrectly called Steenbrass even by CoCT ) Pumped Storage Scheme in the 80's.