Eskom announces Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The DA is busy swart gevaaring this election
somewhat understandable, not exactly a smart strategy though

and telling people not to vote for small parties
yeah they can fvck right off with that one, I'm ashamed to admit I've made that same argument in the past, no more!

my vote doesn't count anyway, I might as well vote for the party I believe in most / hate the least, and if it all goes to hell because of that, then so be it ... I still feel abstaining / spoiling ballots is not the way to go, but if that is one's preference, so be it

I already voted differently for the first time ever in the last national election, not about to vote DA just because they're the biggest non-ANC/non-EFF party

RunningFromFat

Expert Member
Stage 2 today for me was 8am-10am, then again at 10pm-12pm(midnight). But now that stage 4 is back, im getting hit at 12pm-2pm and 8pm-10pm. WTF

3 legit times I'm awake.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
On CoCT's FB page it states

The City is pleased to announced it is able to protect its customers with two stages of Eskom’s load-shedding for most of the day today.
Stage 2: 12:00 until 18:00
Stage 3: 18:00 until 20:00
Stage 2: 20:00 until 22:00
Stage 4: 22:00 until 05:00 tomorrow, 28 October
It all depends on generation capacity and usage.
The City will provide further updates asap. We apologise for the confusion.
Please note: Blackouts typically cause power faults and increased service requests.
Treat traffic lights that are out due to load-shedding as four-way stops. First to stop may proceed if it is safe to do so
City’s service channels (please only use one channel):
SMS: 31220 (standard charges apply)
Email: power@capetown.gov.za
#CTNews

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
4 going 5 years of DA ward/local..

1635329104718.png

Also, see, didn't really fix any substations or bit of administration.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Eskom assured that the implementation of Stage 4 load-shedding is no cause for alarm

**** me, ANY loadshedding is cause for alarm, it shows everyone that they do not know WTF they're doing.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I'm trying but it's been cloudy and rainy for the past 4 days (Durban).

Hey, at least you get to chuckle in solar.

My deep cycle batteries are fscking out. Can't make it through a shed now. Need to find a lithium solution.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Cant find a schedule anywhere on our cut off times. Yesterday on stage 2 we were off for 4 hours. 16:00 - 20:00. So, is it 8 hours now?