Eskom announces Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday

Azure 12

The biggest irony is that the people who are actually supposed to feel this incompetence first-hand so they can change their vote (rural and informal settlements) probably already had no electricity to begin with, so they won't even notice what's going on
When their cellphone towers go down they might notice. Also, if payment systems are affected or shops are closed with no lighting it might get their attention. It all depends on how much LS the country gets from now to Monday.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Why couldn't they announce this yesterday? Sure they can forecast... Eskom sucks for continuity, really have no interest or care for their customers.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
But Squirrels said that only ANC can fix load shedding. We are waiting Squirrell....

Hmm. I'm tasting what ANC voters have been having.. empty promises! Noice.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
CoCT doesn't even have a pattern anymore,

The City is pleased to announced it is able to protect its customers with two stages of Eskom’s load-shedding for most of the day today.

Stage 2: 12:00 until 18:00
Stage 3: 18:00 until 20:00
Stage 2: 20:00 until 22:00
Stage 4: 22:00 until 05:00 tomorrow, 28 October

I guess the city will publish a new table tomorrow.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
At least they're trying to minimize the impact...

Yes, they are mitigating, but stage 4 will exhaust their generation capacity and usage, and that is why I know why they aren't publishing a table in advance. I will be surprised to see tomorrow optimally mitigated. These are challenges, and not an onus which should be placed on the city. Nonetheless, Eskom should have announced this in advance, they have real poor risk management.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Yes, they are mitigating, but stage 4 will exhaust their generation capacity and usage, and that is why I know why they aren't publishing a table in advance. I will be surprised to see tomorrow optimally mitigated. These are challenges, and not an onus which should be placed on the city. Nonetheless, Eskom should have announced this in advance, they have real poor risk management.
Not sure how ESKOM can predict units tripping?

Flashgear

Flashgear

"they have NO management." fixed that for you.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
My big smoke machine zaps my batteries in ike 50 minutes :( what must I do saterday now.