Eskom announces Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
ANC will get punished for sure, problem is the EFF is the stick. Same Whatsapp group... there's honestly f uck all hope for this s hithole. That's the honest to God truth and I am a super optimistic and patriotic bloke!!
I don't generally disagree but punishing a party like the anc is the start of a maturing democracy... And the eff can only fsck so much up at the local level

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I have 4 gel batteries and they lasted a year before failing. Way too expensive to replace yearly.

They will be getting something a little closer to their level of service.
I only draw around 130 Watts max to ensure my 2 x 105aH batteries are still reading 25.2 volts by the time loadshedding ends, that's 12.6 volts per battery, still nice and healthy
This old lead acid truck batteries are over 6 years old now

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Palmiet and Steenbras are 2 separate pumped storage schemes. The fromer is near Grabouw and belongs to Eskom, the latter in Gordons bay and belongs to the CoCT

Thank you for the correction. Having grown up in Gordons Bay in the late '80s, I was only aware of Palmiet. Was only ever told that Steenbrass was the water supply. See now it was commissioned in 1979.

Drifter

Honorary Master
We get supplied by municipality directly. Their schedule and Eskomsepush never match. Emfuleni.

WollieVerstege

Thank you for the correction. Having grown up in Gordons Bay in the late '80s, I was only aware of Palmiet. Was only ever told that Steenbrass was the water supply. See now it was commissioned in 1979.
Also grew up in the Somerset West area. Always thought the big dam against the mountain on Gordons Bay side was just a huge farm dam. Only realised later that it was the lower catchment for the pumped storage scheme. Also think Steenbras stood idle for many years. It was only when the DA took over the city that plans were again put in place to get it started again.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
We get supplied by municipality directly. Their schedule and Eskomsepush never match. Emfuleni.
Well given the stories about emfuleni at the moment it's not like they can plan anything...

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
Ridiculous. I don't think they're capable of fixing this issue. It just gets worse and worse.

They're not capable because they don't want to.

Fixing it means giving away those cushy kickbacks and tenders for friends.

Fixing it means actually being held accountable for the mess they made.

Fixing it means admitting they fscked up.

Fixing it means actually having to work for those BEE-appointed positions of power.

Fixing it means hauling that useless half-cnut Brian Molefe in front of a court and sending him away for a long time.

Fixing it means actually planning for the future instead of the "spoeg en plak" solutions they currently have for trying to keep the lights on (spoiler: they're failing).

Fixing it means admitting Kusile and Medupi are giant failures of pure corruption and incompetence and are best left to just rot.

Now why would they want to do any of that?