Eskom CEO says procurement boss suspension is about competence, not race

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
In very few cases it is about actually feeling inferior. It's more often than not just a tactic.

Just before lockdown we'd had a huge cleanup of local beaches after New Year. The day after I took a drive past the beachfront and came across a guy chucking his whole family's takeaway out of car not even 50m from a bin. I stopped and, more politely than I would with a person of my own race, explained to him that the beach had just been cleaned and that there are ample bins around.

He instantly lost his sh*t, didn't even try justify his actions and called me a racist. The fact that someone in Solly's position (and many like him) appears to be wired with the same sort of mentality as a random litterbug is truly disgusting.

They blame every one for their own short comings - so it goes.

uchoose

Most successful countries only have a small percentage of "the stupids" in power. Unfortunately SA has a far too high percentage running things. Look at all the SOE's not one is successful and all need to be bailed out. It will take years to become another Zimbabwe but we are on track for it and incompetent and corrupte people in power will be the cause of it.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Most successful countries only have a small percentage of "the stupids" in power. Unfortunately SA has a far too high percentage running things. Look at all the SOE's not one is successful and all need to be bailed out. It will take years to become another Zimbabwe but we are on track for it and incompetent and corrupte people in power will be the cause of it.

It is THE WAY

TheChamp

Honorary Master
We won't become Zimbabwe anytime soon, generally countries who have vibrant democracies, free elections and fixed terms for Presidents never become Zimbabwe, but I know you guys don't care about such details when.you are in your Zimbabwe mode.

Ginad28

That guy should be blacklisted (oh no) from any management position anywhere in South Africa ever again.

Using the race card as a defence against maladministration is unforgivable and shows a distinct lack of ethics.
Indeed he should, but that will never happen. That is the first thing he did, was play the race card

Iwojima

Expert Member
We won't become Zimbabwe anytime soon, generally countries who have vibrant democracies, free elections and fixed terms for Presidents never become Zimbabwe, but I know you guys don't care about such details when.you are in your Zimbabwe mode.
Champ, I read some of your posts and I honestly wonder to myself where it is that you actually live.

Either you don't live in the same country the rest of us do or your continual need to be the forum contrarian when it comes to the state of SA is so strong that you won't admit that things are looking dire in almost all respects.

Nobody wants us to go the way of Zim. What is being said is that acknowledging African (and world) history that all the niceties of democracy, free elections and fixed terms can quickly change given the right set of circumstances...and some of these circumstances are becoming a reality for SA.

Ginad28

"It’s about competence, not about race – Andre De Ruyter" - wel fokken duh, dis hoe dit veronderstel is om te wees.
But they can’t accept their inadequacy or stupidity. As far as they are concerned they are brilliant with precious little knowledge

Ginad28

Yet competence forms an important part of human drive. Putting people into positions they aren’t competent at isn’t good for the individual’s well being.
But they don’t see it that way. They consider themselves super intelligent

Ginad28

In very few cases it is about actually feeling inferior. It's more often than not just a tactic.

Just before lockdown we'd had a huge cleanup of local beaches after New Year. The day after I took a drive past the beachfront and came across a guy chucking his whole family's takeaway out of car not even 50m from a bin. I stopped and, more politely than I would with a person of my own race, explained to him that the beach had just been cleaned and that there are ample bins around.

He instantly lost his sh*t, didn't even try justify his actions and called me a racist. The fact that someone in Solly's position (and many like him) appears to be wired with the same sort of mentality as a random litterbug is truly disgusting.
I agree

Ginad28

We are there already. Look at the state of the economy due to looting and corruption. Look at the poverty in this country while the so called elite live like lords and ladies. And who is to say that elections are not rigged in this country

thestaggy

Honorary Master
We are there already. Look at the state of the economy due to looting and corruption. Look at the poverty in this country while the so called elite live like lords and ladies. And who is to say that elections are not rigged in this country

No need to rig elections in this country with the electorate we have. Dumb fvcks voted for Zuma twice and will vote ANC while burning down a clinic protesting poor service delivery.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Of course, we all know the DA won the past three election already, with the Freedom Front being the main opposition.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Champ, I read some of your posts and I honestly wonder to myself where it is that you actually live.

Either you don't live in the same country the rest of us do or your continual need to be the forum contrarian when it comes to the state of SA is so strong that you won't admit that things are looking dire in almost all respects.

Nobody wants us to go the way of Zim. What is being said is that acknowledging African (and world) history that all the niceties of democracy, free elections and fixed terms can quickly change given the right set of circumstances...and some of these circumstances are becoming a reality for SA.
It does not matter who is in charge of the country or even how they got there...it is about the decisions they make. If a dictator or a democratically elected person, make the same decisions that destroy a country, which on is the worst?