Eskom details Tuesday’s load shedding

greg0205

Honorary Master
Joburg City Power have sent out two load shedding alerts for 6 to 10:30 and 10 to 2:30 already... So glad to see one hand knows what the other is doing.

tsume

The Pervy Sage
Joburg City Power have sent out two load shedding alerts for 6 to 10:30 and 10 to 2:30 already... So glad to see one hand knows what the other is doing.

Yeah, the statement said they are going into phase 2 load shedding. Who the eff do we believe?

ellyally

Expert Member

I was just looking at that... I don't think one hand knows it is a hand and the other is still trying to figure out what its supposed to do.

I'm done looking at schedules, they all mean nothing... every time I'm not on any schedule, I get cut, when I'm on schedules, half the time it doesn't go off. Last night, 6-10pm, checked, re-checked, re-re-check as needed to sort stuff online post 8pm(due to timezones)... nope, no load shedding for me. 'Great' I thought... 6pm comes, and no power till 10.

In all honesty, I'm tired of conserving power too, even with no shedding I sit in the dark, doing my 'bit' etc... Save or don't save, I still get cut, so whats the point, may as well use it when its up, cos if I don't, it'll soon be off anyway... I'm also thinking when/if we ever get to a point we'll be able to generate enough, we'll still have cuts, some other reason will pop up that requires shedding

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Surely somebody MUST be held accountable for this sad state of affairs?

The puppet master?

eye_suc

Expert Member
I think all the loadshedding woes will disappear if they were to cut off the non-payers. Fat chance...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Randpark Ridge was shedded this morning so yeah no-one knows anymore

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Yeah, the statement said they are going into phase 2 load shedding. Who the eff do we believe?

I have found a fail safe load shed indicator. When the office lights go off I know there is no power. Nothing else is even remotely as accurate. :p

Lupus

Honorary Master
And now Honeydew and it's surrounding areas are out. Yeah no load shedding sigh