Eskom fights for huge price rises

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Eskom fights for huge price rises

Through the courts and an application to Nersa, Eskom is seeking to claw back massive additional revenue from electricity customers via the tariffs, over and above that from its normal annual electricity price increases.

Customers of electricity and the general public may be justifiably confused about the details, timing, outcomes and implications of three court actions by Eskom challenging a number of previous Nersa determinations.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
go away ESKOM
this is not the time to be talking about bonuses
half your company is gonna fall ill in the next few weeks and some will not return to work
/spit

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Go fsck yourself Eskom...

Sort your internal shyte out before you ask us to pay for things.

lkswan747

Expert Member
ESCUM must go Fluck themselves! My gosh, how can they even consider this while many South Africans may not even have a job when and if the COVID-19 pandemic is defeated! What kind of idiots are at work here? I am absolutely gobsmacked :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Mr President, you need to do something about this irresponsible behavior and very quickly.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Feck off Eskom, get rid of the excess weight, claw back your money from the muncipalities who don't pay and stop sort your own stuff out first.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Well 30% is like 3/4 years of inflation or ~7 of official, if they do it and adjust for inflation, they'll definitely last for at least 2 years, so it sorts out the plural requirement of subsequent years.

qscwbt

Expert Member
Go get you money in Soweto, When everyone pays lets talk. But for now rather focus on the non payers.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well 30% is like 3/4 years of inflation or ~7 of official, if they do it and adjust for inflation, they'll definitely last for at least 2 years, so it sorts out the plural requirement of subsequent years.
Yeah but does anybody believe it will just be inflationary increases going forward? Would be happy to give it to them if it can be guaranteed. But then what would inflation be from now on also?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Yeah but does anybody believe it will just be inflationary increases going forward? Would be happy to give it to them if it can be guaranteed. But then what would inflation be from now on also?
You missed the point where I said it would end up being 2 years until they ask for price hikes again.

Giving them more money won't solve anything, nothing has changed so the same issue is still there.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Talking about being ****ing tone deaf.

READ THE ROOM, ESKOM. The world is on fire.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Talking about being ****ing tone deaf.

READ THE ROOM, ESKOM. The world is on fire.
But in Eskom land, all they're seeing is falling sales as the economy stops. Therefore, need moar moniez!

Swa

Honorary Master
You missed the point where I said it would end up being 2 years until they ask for price hikes again.

Giving them more money won't solve anything, nothing has changed so the same issue is still there.
Ok. My bad.

Swa

Honorary Master
"Eskom fights for huge price rises"
Mybb's copy editor isn't faring too well lately. It's price increases. Looks like everything is falling apart lately.