Eskom, government plans for Stage 5 and Stage 6 load shedding to stave off national blackouts

bwana

MyBroadband
Ah... okay, no, thats the old 2009/10 stuff
The new schedules are here... https://www.citypower.co.za/customers/Pages/Load_Shedding.aspx#step2
eg 1A stage 4
View attachment 636196
That link is where I got the schedule from, do they not update it? Even the page confirms one shedding period per block...

Blocks to be affected by stage 4 load shedding today between the times mentioned below are:
09h00 – 12h30: Block 5B, 1A, 5A & 1B
12H00 – 16h30: Block 6B, 2A, 6A & 2B
16H00 – 20H30: Block 7B, 3A, 7A & 3B
20H00 – 00H30: Block 8B, 4A, 8A & 4B

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 20.30.32.png

Curiously... your screen shot is duplicating everything?

Temujin

Executive Member
Living JHB it's 9 hours, then 4.5, then 9 hours so it's not 54 a month.
I think this week alone has been 54 hours already in most areas. Some didn't come back up.
He was looking at 19footsek stuff... understandable:giggle:

Temujin

Executive Member
That link is where I got the schedule from, do they not update it? Even the page confirms one shedding period per block...

Blocks to be affected by stage 4 load shedding today between the times mentioned below are:
09h00 – 12h30: Block 5B, 1A, 5A & 1B
12H00 – 16h30: Block 6B, 2A, 6A & 2B
16H00 – 20H30: Block 7B, 3A, 7A & 3B
20H00 – 00H30: Block 8B, 4A, 8A & 4B

View attachment 636200

Curiously... your screen shot is duplicating everything?
Ah, I see, man I wish that was still the schedule, it looks like thats never been updated... the schedule is what appears in the calendar as per my screen shot... you type in area, and spits it out... as for that other stuff, **** knows why its still there, but like duplications, on calendar, just wave and nod

But regardless... I assure you we get every day 4.5hrs, next day 9hrs... and thats praying we come back on... 9-12hrs off is a good 4.5hrs shedding... 20-50hrs seems the norm this week

Solarion

Honorary Master
Might have to start looking at getting a generator if anything to keep the fridge alive. Fridges dont like this have had one pack up already from the last round of shedding:cautious:

Sollie

Executive Member
Might have to start looking at getting a generator if anything to keep the fridge alive. Fridges dont like this have had one pack up already from the last round of shedding:cautious:
I was hesitant to, but it started getting worse and I saw the signs. I went impulse hunting with no budget, first pawn shops etc. Then I found a new one at Pick&Pay, a no-name fake-brand I've seen with many names since. Best investment. They now cost twice the price for the same thing.

Solarion

Honorary Master
I was hesitant to, but it started getting worse and I saw the signs. I went impulse hunting with no budget, first pawn shops etc. Then I found a new one at Pick&Pay, a no-name fake-brand I've seen with many names since. Best investment. They now cost twice the price for the same thing.
Yeah one of those PnP ones I got my eye on. They look alright actually and well priced.

Sollie

Executive Member
Yeah one of those PnP ones I got my eye on. They look alright actually and well priced.
Only problem I ever had with mine (after a lot of use) was the plug socket burnt out. A R60 plug at Chamberlains and some elbow grease worked.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Only problem I ever had with mine (after a lot of use) was the plug socket burnt out. A R60 plug at Chamberlains and some elbow grease worked.
Cool yeah I think I get one as soon as I better. Got Bronchitus at the moment and have just enough energy to pick up phone let alone go gene hunting.

Solarion

Honorary Master
One thing I do take solace in with all of this is that all of us here are in the trenches together with this and to see all the threads popping up with guys calculating costs and energy equations and ways of saving power it is quite something. There are truly some very clever and intelligent people on mybroadband :thumbsup: