Eskom hits stage 4 load shedding

eg2505

Honorary Master
we want money, we want money,

give us money or we send everybody to 1876, and you will have to battle to survive.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Worrying that Eskom has as many as 8 stages. Lots more dark days and nights to come, methinks

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I can't even be arsed to complain anymore, its pointless even complaining at this stage.
Stage 4? :laugh:

-===If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? What if they screamed all the time for no good reason===-

Last edited:

Chuckmyster

Expert Member
Thank goodness my lounge runs my 55" telly, hifi, laptop, external monitor, LED lamp, router for almost 3 hours on my pimped UPS.
In kitchen I have another pimped UPS that runs 1 undercounter LED strip and the hifi in there (linked to lounge hifi).

Very energy efficient fridge keeps my beers ice cold and doesnt even notice the load shedding

krycor

Honorary Master
Thank goodness my lounge runs my 55" telly, hifi, laptop, external monitor, LED lamp, router for almost 3 hours on my pimped UPS.
In kitchen I have another pimped UPS that runs 1 undercounter LED strip and the hifi in there (linked to lounge hifi).

Very energy efficient fridge keeps my beers ice cold and doesnt even notice the load shedding
I'd pimp my ups but hoping to be out of here by june

Chuckmyster

Expert Member
I'd pimp my ups but hoping to be out of here by june
Costs a fair bit to pimp it out so not worth it for you for 4 more months.
Best thing to do for now is open it up and put a big piece of prestik over the buzzer.
That way you only hear a faint buzz every few seconds that doesnt interfere with watching tv, nor wake you up in the middle of the night should you be sleeping

Lupus

Honorary Master
I've not tested my inverter on the new 58" TV, but in the old days it would comfortably power a lamp, TV and a decoder for way passed 10 hours. I lived on the side of Wilgeheuwel Roodepoort that still to this day gets nailed for up to 10 hour power failures at least once a week.
So for them load shedding is just a way of life now.