Eskom implements stage 2 loadshedding 07/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Date: 7 November 2019 Eskom will implement stage 2 loadshedding this evening from 22:00 until 05:00

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I see, their Twitter account.

**** me things must be bad.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Overnight means things literally just went to ****. They need the extra margin for the pumped storage.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Overnight means things literally just went to ****. They need the extra margin for the pumped storage.
And realistically what water are they going to be able to pump back. Not enough to make a significant dent and if diesel is very low how many trucks will they be able to get in overnight to fill the diesel tanks before the am peak? I reckon stage 2 or 3 the whole day tomorrow unless the units return to service which is very unlikely and God forbid they lose more units.

krycor

Honorary Master
I wish people working on EskomSePush app pushed the next load shedding time for you fav location or even based on geo loc.

See a push notification.. open the app to look up next scheduled event in area and customer experience fail..

Alternatively when u guys push the notice.. push a diligent quiet update to schedules on the app such that u load from cache and still display ads (revenue). Every time I see this I feel like disabling push and checking manually on Eskom website because the app sucks in this respect.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Alternatively when u guys push the notice.. push a diligent quiet update to schedules on the app such that u load from cache and still display ads (revenue). Every time I see this I feel like disabling push and checking manually on Eskom website because the app sucks in this respect.
Load Shedding Notifier does this. Always pushes the latest schedule for me.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Load Shedding Notifier does this. Always pushes the latest schedule for me.
Yeah the push notifications from eskom twitter about loadshedding is very handy. Then just open the app and the next few days schedule is there up to stage 4. Very nice.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Here we go again... my spidey-senses told me it would be this week. ANC wants to push through EWC while we all focus on keeping our homes lit and cooking in the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.