Eskom is in a death spiral, according to the IRR

Utterly Confused

The ANC should be so proud. It was profoundly stupid to think that they could pursue their political BEE Imperative, cadre employment, nepotism, survive the inefficiencies and still pay their own way. BEE will kill Eskom, if it hasn't already. They also have no idea how to function without the protection of a monopoly.
Yip! ESKOM's down fall is that they got rid of all the experienced whites and replaced them with their inexperienced cANCer cadres. It is no wonder that ESKOM is sooo DEEP in the ****. Fsking racists.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
If they implement this "tax" I will take my grid tied solution completely off grid. From there I hope they have a plan to take tax without my involvement, like PAYE, otherwise I wont pay.
You may well get your wish. Taking your solution off-grid is a futile exercise.

boboudts

We are causing problems for Eskom?....typical communist's response to their own incompetence and inefficiencies, never mind theft, wasteful and unlawful expenditure!

Read my lips Eskom / ANC and your marxist ideology...GFY!

Corelli

Expert Member
The problem is the people pay the municipalities but then that money isnt transfered to Eskom but spent corruptly. Thats why in some places Eskom is now rolling out direct to client prepaid systems and bypassing the municipality.

quovadis

Executive Member
Eskom notes the erroneous statements regarding what is said to be Eskom’s death spiral.

Have these guys even looked at their own financials over the past decade? It's a death spiral even with the bailouts and equity swaps and other interventions to save their asses.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Have these guys even looked at their own financials over the past decade? It's a death spiral even with the bailouts and equity swaps and other interventions to save their asses.
Why should they care about their financials when they have a bottomless pit off tax money? There is still so much loot in SA.

ProfA

Honorary Master
I wonder when the class action suite will start?
This isn't the movies or America. Class action suits would cost serious amounts of money which no law firm in the country will risk to subsidise. This is a problem ONLY solvable at the voting booths unfortunately. And unfortunately that may not even work, as its pretty irrelevant who votes for what. What counts is who counts the votes.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
This isn't the movies or America. Class action suits would cost serious amounts of money which no law firm in the country will risk to subsidise.
What is the solution to fight R100 network charge ending up R1000 network charge? Sell the house and move to the sticks?

Mampara

This doesnt apply to townships and municipalities who doesnt pay. They should switch off power in Soweto and Free state municipalities who owe billions. Their BBE and EE programs are not working with bloated workforce of 5 workers doing 2 persons work. They should switch off power in townships stealing electriticy.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
This isn't the movies or America. Class action suits would cost serious amounts of money which no law firm in the country will risk to subsidise. This is a problem ONLY solvable at the voting booths unfortunately. And unfortunately that may not even work, as its pretty irrelevant who votes for what. What counts is who counts the votes.
Voting will not solve the problem, there are over 19 million grant recipients. Do you think a freeloader household will ever risk giving up their grant payment by changing their vote? Even if just 1 household member gets the grant, everyone knows who pays them their grant. Maybe think outside the box a bit more?

ProfA

Honorary Master
Voting will not solve the problem, there are over 19 million grant recipients. Do you think a freeloader household will ever risk giving up their grant payment by changing their vote? Even if just 1 household member gets the grant, everyone knows who pays them their grant. Maybe think outside the box a bit more?
Please do enlighten us "in the box" type people. What do you recommend?